3dMark 11

Water_Hazard

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before you get to cocky my 680 is completely stock and your 7970 is overclocked to its fullest and barely beat it .i will be glad to see my card still running in 3 months while yours im no so sure about nice run aways let's see an extreme run and watch that thing catch fire

not to mention you are running an ivy most of your score is from your physics score wich is 500 higher due to the cpu run that same card on a 2600k and lets compare scores

Your 680 is not completely "680 stock", it has a factory OC of 50MHz.

The 7970 is of way better PCB quality and power delivery so you should rather worry about your reference PCB 680.

I will do an Extreme run when I have time today.

Its not an Ivy, its a Sandy Bridge Extreme.

p10657 http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3773422

mild overclock 90+ on core 80+ on memory

i still would love to see his extreme run

Just remember yours is a SC+, so that +90 would mean a 1148MHz core clock and a 1238MHz boost clock on GPU-Z (although it goes even higher, probably close to 1300MHz in games) on your model and normal 680s such as the ones OCC reviewed only reached close to those clocks and couldn't OC anymore :

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nvidia_gtx680/images/gpuz.htm

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nvidia_gtx680/images/precx.htm

And considering my model costs $75 less than yours, I'd say it does alright in 3D Mark 11 compared to yours.

I would also love to see your extreme run...

I saw that AMD released their 12.7 beta's on their website so I installed those (my old 12.7 beta's were from Guru3d) and now it seems I cant get as high of an oc when using voltages above 1.3V

So I decided to stay with 1.3V with is the reference 7970 voltage limit

Extreme Run at 1260MHz and 1825MHz at 1.3V

X3868

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3775329

Lets see yours jdm

Pretty close but you won by 3% in the Extreme run and 1% in the Performance run (looking at GPU scores since my CPU give an advantage in P score) yet your card costs 16% more lol :lol:

You won this 3d Mark 11 round. Im pretty sure you wouldn't if we both did a 1920x1080 Heaven V3 Extreme tess, 8xAA and 16xAF run...

Nyt, with all the money you would have lost with your card shuffling, I don't think you can use the price as a winning point.

Looks like a powerful card though, but drivers are keeping me well away from amd for some time to come

Nyt, with all the money you would have lost with your card shuffling, I don't think you can use the price as a winning point.

Lol but it applies to and helps people who look at prices when deciding on a card

Looks like a powerful card though, but drivers are keeping me well away from amd for some time to come

Pretty much the opposite for me lol, the red screens of death from drivers were and are keeping me away from the 670/680

So far single card and single screen amd drivers have been fine, but crossfire and eyefinity are what cause many problems, even more so when they are combined..

I have run crossfire and eyefinity on 5, 6 and 7 series cards, all of which have caused too many issues.

So far single card and single screen amd drivers have been fine, but crossfire and eyefinity are what cause many problems, even more so when they are combined..

I have run crossfire and eyefinity on 5, 6 and 7 series cards, all of which have caused too many issues.

Not sure about eyefinity but when I ran 2x7970s they worked well together.

I ran crossfire on two 6970s and they were fine but this was all on 1 screen. Dont get me started on 5 series crossfire... :angry:

Pretty close but you won by 3% in the Extreme run and 1% in the Performance run (looking at GPU scores since my CPU give an advantage in P score) yet your card costs 16% more lol :lol:

You won this 3d Mark 11 round. Im pretty sure you wouldn't if we both did a 1920x1080 Heaven V3 Extreme tess, 8xAA and 16xAF run...

I will run it tonight

And the x3911 I wasn't even trying

My point is you have to oc the heck out of your card just to compete with mine

Edited by jdm_freek

I will run it tonight

And the x3911 I wasn't even trying

My point is you have to oc the heck out of your card just to compete with mine

Exactly. I'm at 10177 graphics score (CPU holding back main score) and it's not even the highest overclock I can get. I only raised up the clock and memory speeds a decent amount to see how it would do, did not tweak it or adjust voltage at all.