What WEB Browser do you use and why?

DnaAngel

Was just curious as to what Browsers you all are using these days and why you so chose them over the others..Me personally use Chome..unlike since it inception it has become the most stable and fastest page loading browser ive seen..i was a tried and true Firefox fan from Firefox 3.0 until around summertime. I then gave Chrome another go and havent looked back..I absolutley refuse to use IE..and in my PC repair and optimization exp..i found i can generally tell alot about peoples PC knowlage just by what browser they use..9/10 times when i see someone bringing a PC in and they only use IE which is the windows defacto lol. I know they almost never preform vital PC maintenance and most times then not the problem that warranted the visit to me was something easily user fixed..well Microsoft keep up with the buggy IE..puts money in my pocket!

Edited by DnaAngel

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firefox on my pc even with its issues I have always liked it especially its download manager.

On laptops I run Chrome because the small footprint and the speed is great and can improve experience on rubbish networks.

Also installed chrome on my mates old pentium 2 so I could actually use the internet, IE 6 is a joke.

I have used opera and safari but disliked both.

i used to be a firefox guy. but i use chrome now because its seems to use less ram and it loads things faster. one thing i do like better on firefox is that Adblock plus seems to be more effective compared to chrome's.

Edited by Shadowtroop

i used to be a firefox guy. but i use chrome now because its seems to use less ram and it loads things faster. one thing i do like better on firefox is that Adblock plus seems to be more effective compared to chrome's.

i usually run a heap (50+) tabs on chrome, and then it starts to eat a fair bit of ram, but its alot less than any others at that load

Adblockplus ftw :biggrin:

Firefox all the way, mainly because of add-ons but also because it's just what I'm used to using. I haven't upgrade Firefox in a long time though, what I currently use is Firefox 4, they release a new one far too often anymore, it's just silly.

Other than that, I use Chrome from time to time, just because it's probably the most light weight browser I've ever seen, doesn't have much else that appeals to me though.

I use Dragon which is a variant of Chrome. The reason is that it has extra security features that Chrome does not have, or does not turn on, making it more secure. I also use IE on occasion as some sites do not seem to like Chrome/Dragon.