RATE MY FIRST BUILD

H37

so lets say I had $70-80 more to throw at either the cpu or gpu... or just split it between the two. Would it make a world of difference? or would that just be a waste of money.

Edited by H37

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

like could I get an i7 for around $300 to $320 and it would be well worth it? or not... and would it still work with the mobo you reccomended that is...

Edited by H37

like could I get an i7 for around $300 to $320 and it would be well worth it? or not... and would it still work with the mobo you reccomended that is...

An i7 isnt worth it if you are using the desktop as a gaming machine.

If you were to put in an extra 80 dollars into the gpu, then the only option left is the amd 290 (without the X)

But the cheapest one would be around $399 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121842) and i am not sure if the jump from a 280X to a 290 would justify a $100 price tag.

The 290 would be roughly 20% faster than the 280x, it all depends if you think it is worth it.

Thank's for the wisdom than... I think ill save the money and im ready to reorder my first computer, thanks to you. :D

Thank's for the wisdom than... I think ill save the money and im ready to reorder my first computer, thanks to you. :D

I am sure your pc is ready for most of the pc violence that is getting released upcoming years.

So have fun with it and post some pictures when you have your stuff! :)

Just want to chime in and defend the 8320 really quick, I've got mine up and running at a stable 4.3GHz, and seeing as it idles between 11~17.c depending on how hot my room is I'm sure I can get more out of it.

The i5 is going to have a bit more horespower, but I've always prefered AMD builds myself.

Oh and, on a suggestion for a heatsink when you upgrade

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

Slap a pair of high CFM fans on that bad boy and for the price, you really can't beat it

I could squeeze it in... any particular reason why you'd pick this one? Just curious.

Z97 instead of H97.

More rear USB ports.

Better LAN port.

And the MSI H97 mobo only "officially" supports Crossfire while the Gigabyte Z97 mobo supports Crossfire and SLI (if you want two NVIDIA cards in the future).

Plus it will go nicely with your Gigabyte R9 280X :)

And I've killed a MSI Z87 GD65 and MSI H81M with my power hungry 4.5GHz 4770K so I don't have much faith in MSI and their "Military Class 4 high quality component" gimmick anymore  :unsure:

I could squeeze it in... any particular reason why you'd pick this one? Just curious.

And I've killed a MSI Z87 GD65 and MSI H81M with my power hungry 4.5GHz 4770K so I don't have much faith in MSI and their "Military Class 4 high quality component" gimmick anymore  :unsure:

So you over-volted, stressed, and probably overheated your board because you didn't knew what you were doing, is considered a con for a board?  :lol:

All joking aside, a better quality motherboard is always a good thing to consider, i picked that msi because it has a quality build look to it and i was on budget :P

Not that i changed my mind about it, i would still pick it because, personally, i haven't had any problems with MSI products.