Diablo 3

tkrow21

I just hope Steam offers this bad boy. I can't wait. <3 :wub:

Most likely not. Blizzard uses their own form of Digital Distribution. If wanted to, they probably could have done it ages ago.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Most likely not. Blizzard uses their own form of Digital Distribution. If wanted to, they probably could have done it ages ago.

+1, Blizzard's system is very good and knowing that it's not going anywhere (unlike other first party digital distribution software) is a comfort, although it doesn't really have any benefit over Steam.

• 3 weeks later...

But will it be Diablo II with better graphics and new classes?

Diablo 3 is already pretty distinct from Diablo 2 with crafting, PVP arena, 4 player co-op, action bars, runes that modify skills, no health pots, and possibly other things.

Be like Diablo 2, no.

Be a Diablo universe game, yes.

Better graphics, yes.

New classes, yes.

If Diablo 1 or 2 were never created, this would set the benchmark. I think its cause they waited so long its changes might be a bit drastic for some players. However, you can't just keep releasing the same game with newer graphics. Although some games are like that and they will sell well regardless :(

Well I would hope so! D2 doesn't exactly have a plethora of quests by any standard. What is it, five per act?

Roughly 5-6 quests depend on the ACT. Not only are they adding random scripted quests into Diablo 3, there will also be class-specific quests too :D

Edited by Krazyxazn

Diablo 3 is already pretty distinct from Diablo 2 with crafting, PVP arena, 4 player co-op, action bars, runes that modify skills, no health pots, and possibly other things.

Be like Diablo 2, no.

Better graphics, yes.

New classes, yes.

If Diablo 1 or 2 were never created, this would set the benchmark. I think its cause they waited so long its changes might be a bit drastic for some players. However, you can't just keep releasing the same game with newer graphics. Although some games are like that and they will sell well regardless :(

Roughly 5-6 quests depend on the ACT. Not only are they adding random scripted quests into Diablo 3, there will also be class-specific quests too :D

Wait, so the maximum for multiplayer games is 4 players now?

Be like Diablo 2, no.

Better graphics, yes.

New classes, yes.

Oh well, there's always D2 which will always be good and not-sucky. I'm actually interested in Dungeon Siege 3 which looks way more like what D3 should have been. In fact, there's some guy in the trailer with a small version of Tyrael's wings.

Edited by sack_patrol

Uh, who cares if it isn't a carbon copy of D2? There is such a thing as progress in game creation, and I know it may be hard for some to swallow, but turning out the exact same game all the time does nothing to further a particular genre.

This is what Diablo 3 looked like in 2005. I would take Diablo 3 over that any day :D

Oh well, there's always D2 which will always be good and not-sucky. I'm actually interested in Dungeon Siege 3 which looks way more like what D3 should have been. In fact, there's some guy in the trailer with a small version of Tyrael's wings.

DS3 doesn't play like a Diablo game from what I've seen in the trailers. So I vote a no on that. Diablo 2 had some flaws, old Battle.Net was crappy, a lot of exploits, no re-specing talents or stats, grievers in PvP, and probably some other stuff I can't think off the top of my head.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Uh, who cares if it isn't a carbon copy of D2? There is such a thing as progress in game creation, and I know it may be hard for some to swallow, but turning out the exact same game all the time does nothing to further a particular genre.

I do find it hilarious that sack_patrol wants a carbon-copy D2 with new graphics but biotches CONSTANTLY about newer FPS/RTS/anything games being the same as older ones with nothing new. :lol:

Edited by Waco

I do find it hilarious that sack_patrol wants a carbon-copy D2 with new graphics but biotches CONSTANTLY about newer FPS/RTS/anything games being the same as older ones with nothing new. :lol:

If the guy made sense we wouldn't have anyone to laugh at for being silly about games... besides me I mean, and andrew with his constant dying in Alien Swarm.