Java Programming

DLions8708

Well, Im 6 classes away from completing my Associates in Computer Science and right now Im starting "Programming in Java". How hard is it compared to HTML. I took that class and it was pretty easy until the final exam.

Kyle

Java is much harder to learn than HTML, at least in my experience it was. And just for reference HTML isn't really a programming language.

:withstupid: Java isn't that bad. I actually learned it before I learned C. Kind of wish I'd done it the other way around. But I agree, HTML isn't a programming language.

:withstupid: Java isn't that bad. I actually learned it before I learned C. Kind of wish I'd done it the other way around. But I agree, HTML isn't a programming language.

I simply mean that relative to HTML, learning a programming language is harder. I also learned Java as my first programming language. Then came C++ and then C. I have recently dabbled a bit into Python at work.

• 2 weeks later...

HTML have a predefined and pretty short syntax.

The same way is java. The difference is Java is much deeper. Take a look at the image at this website

http://forfivenines.blogspot.com/2010/01/definitions-of-jre-jdk-jvm-j2se-j2ee.html

You will see there are a lot of things around java like the API, virtual machine (java is independent from SO), libraries, and many more things. Also java is an Object Oriented languaje so you might find similar to C++ or C# (I never worked with those but is basically C + object oriented programming). Before learn Java in university I was introduced Smalltalk, a pure object oriented languaje (someone said is constructed with C). It was kind of hard to understand because I was used to C, Pascal, etc, but in my opinion Java is easier. You have a sintax like C and a hundred of libraries to use. You can work web with JSP, applets, etc. or, windows with AWT or Swing to draw the windows. Personally I worked with Java and JSP for work and a very little or Windows programming with AWT or swing. You can also work with Threads and many other things so the languaje is verycomplex but you can use just what you need. I think no programmr will know a 100% of Java or a complex languaje. We just use what we need like you will do.

I hope that helps.

In the languages I learned in my CS degree (Python/Jython, Java and C along with different levels of html up to XHTML) I found Java to be second easiest to Python. But a lot of it will boil down to who you have teaching as always, a bad professor can make an easy language hard, and vice versa.

I first learned Pascal, then C++, VB 6.0 along with MYSQL, Java, then a bit of Flash, HTML, PHP, CSS and finally... a bit of Python. :P

My favorite one is definitely Python. I find it really simple and easy to learn and work with. :P

Guest johnBMitchell

Programming in Java is very hard to learn and understand. If we compare HTML with JAVA then HTML is very easy. Java includes advance coding system of programming in C and C++ but it is also good for career and application development.

Edited by johnBMitchell