Smartphone WiFi

sack_patrol

Yeah you can flash a stock rom with it reset everything and reflash cm7. You just got to download a ftf file of the stock rom, doesn't matter if it aint exact because your updater program will fix everything. My stock rom had massive issues so i ended up flashing a generic rom before flashing a custom one..

Whats an ftf and where do I get one? Also where does it go since I plan to just flash the stock rooted ROM i had before with Odin. The rom is just 1 tar file.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flashing back to rooted 2.3.4 stock was successful BUT the wifi still doesn't work for some reason which means that it's possibly not the ROMs fault... Right before I flashed it was working perfectly...

Edited by sack_patrol

Flashing back to rooted 2.3.4 stock was successful BUT the wifi still doesn't work for some reason which means that it's possibly not the ROMs fault... Right before I flashed it was working perfectly...

Reset your router/modem

LOL. Well I think the problem is one of two things. First: Battery was really low since I was fiddling with the phone all day and it got really low but I decided to finish upgrading before I put plugged it in to charge up, so maybe with low batter there is no WIFI. Second: I'm just really blind and I was trying to connect to the wrong IP with my password since there are a few with the same exact name and only the last 2 numbers are different. X_X.

After it's done charging I'll give the CM7 ROM another go and try WiFi again. If it works it'll be pretty cool. I hope I can get everything done tonight since tomorrow I'm leaving town for a few days and I wanna have it all ready to go by then.

Edited by sack_patrol

Good luck hope all goes well and hope you enjoy the new lease on life your phone will get.

If i didn't use custom roms i would find it very hard to hold out with my phone I need something better but don't want to blow everything on a htc one xl right now.