OCC Reviews the Intel Third Generation Core i7 3770K

ClayMeow

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice review Frank! I'm surprised your sample wouldn't go much faster than it did, perhaps you just have bad luck? :P

Maybe its just a crap overclocking CPU :whistling: Ivy cant do monster OC's like Sandy without degrading/dieing after a month. 1.45V is highly borderline for a 32nm chip, what happens when you use 1.45V for 4.8GHz on a 22nm ?!

But it makes up in clock for clock performance since it can beat Sandy at a lower OC

Maybe its just a crap overclocking CPU :whistling: Ivy cant do monster OC's like Sandy without degrading/dieing after a month.

And you base this on what evidence? :lol:

Many reviewers are hitting high 4 GHz and not a small number hit 5+. There's no evidence that they degrade or die any faster than SB chips at any specific voltage either.

Clock for clock performance looks to be nearly dead even, with a very slight favor towards the IB chips.

Nice review Frank! I'm surprised your sample wouldn't go much faster than it did, perhaps you just have bad luck? :P

Thanks but thats as high as it wanted to go on the Intel board. I'll be testing a few Z77 boards here shortly so I'll see if thats it.

After pushing it harder with different cooling I have to say its hot......damn hot. At 4.7 my ES 2600K runs in the 60's on an H100 but the 3770K if the monitoring programs are correct runs in the 80 to 90's Celsius range using 1.325v in a 75F room.

Nice review, too bad it wasn't a good clocker.

I didn't think Ivy bridge would be a real hoot with no AMD pressure giving Intel any reason to care and the fact that Sandybridge is so monumentally awesome. (HD4000 GMA whooptydoo)

After pushing it harder with different cooling I have to say its hot......damn hot. At 4.7 my ES 2600K runs in the 60's on an H100 but the 3770K if the monitoring programs are correct runs in the 80 to 90's Celsius range using 1.325v in a 75F room.

Eek. 80-90 is insane. Those may be normal for GPUs, but not CPUs. Hope they improve on that!