FAH: Stanford GPU work servers down.

SpeedCrazy

Something worth noting here is that Speed is running GTS 250s whereas Ccokeman is running a GTX 580 and Hyper is running a 670. The 400 series and above use a different Folding core and receive different work units, so the fact that those newer cards are getting work units does not necessarily prove the issue is local to Speed. In fact I know it is not local because my GTS 250 has not gotten a work unit for awhile either. Removing the queue data has not helped.

yeah, it could be that. I just got an smp unit so that was just a blip.

Hope thats not the case as i can't afford to upgrade at this point. But honestly they are kinda old and outdated and i could understand the decision not to support them anymore.

I have unistalled and reinstalled every client i can find and turned off my firewall and antivirus to no effect so i have to hope its not something on my end.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I shouldn't have edited in the information I found. It appears the servers that handle the work units for the older cards crashed and they are working to repair them. This is not the result of any decision by Stanford, it's just the stuff that happens every now and then.

Maybe I shouldn't have edited in the information I found. It appears the servers that handle the work units for the older cards crashed and they are working to repair them. This is not the result of any decision by Stanford, it's just the stuff that happens every now and then.

Where did you read that?

Would this explain why my Slot 00, my GPU slot just says "ready" and isn't folding?

Obviously I'm working with an even older card than the rest of you, lol

Yes. It would. If you check the log you probably have an error message similar to the one i posted.

Where did you read that?

At the Folding forums: Servers for old G8x/G9x GPUs are down ...

I have a GTX285 (200 series) runing on one of my folding systems but it's still running the same wu it got at the beginning of the week (I think it still had over a day left when I checked on it last night) so I'll see if it gets a new one once that one finishes..

(and I havent loaded fah on my gamming system with the 670 yet.. I've heard they dont do that well anyway's. Got 2x 580's folding though :) )

edit: guess It wont matter as others are getting new wu's on the older cards now :)

I have a GTX285 (200 series) runing on one of my folding systems but it's still running the same wu it got at the beginning of the week (I think it still had over a day left when I checked on it last night) so I'll see if it gets a new one once that one finishes..

(and I havent loaded fah on my gamming system with the 670 yet.. I've heard they dont do that well anyway's. Got 2x 580's folding though :) )

edit: guess It wont matter as others are getting new wu's on the older cards now :)

What flags you running that a 285 takes a week? I do about 10 units a day with my 250...

Not running any flags, it usually just gets small ones that take a few hours but noticed it had picked one up that took several days last week.

Huh. Wish i could get one of those, the servers appear to be down again.