New Video Card suggestions?

Gremlin

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to redo the heatsink on the 580 and see if that helps to bring the card back to life.. I watched a youtube video to remove the heatsink... In that video, he removes the heatsink and I see the chip but he also removes the black plastic as well.. Should I do that as well?? or just leave that on and redo the paste and put the heatsink back on? 

Thanks never did a heatsink replacement on a gpu before

Edited by Gremlin

I am going to redo the heatsink on the 580 and see if that helps to bring the card back to life.. I watched a youtube video to remove the heatsink... In that video, he removes the heatsink and I see the chip but he also removes the black plastic as well.. Should I do that as well?? or just leave that on and redo the paste and put the heatsink back on? 

Black plastic?  

Just redo the paste and put the heatsink back on.  It's pretty straightforward once you take it apart.

BAAAAAAAAAKE TIIIIIIIIIME! :woot:

Nvidia FTW.  I have had no problems with drivers.  AMD on the other hand......

I have a question actually.  Does anyone see any reason to upgrade an EVGA 670 2GB FTW to an EVGA 770 4GB card?

BAAAAAAAAAKE TIIIIIIIIIME! :woot:

Bake time?? What do you mean?

Nvidia FTW.  I have had no problems with drivers.  AMD on the other hand......

I have a question actually.  Does anyone see any reason to upgrade an EVGA 670 2GB FTW to an EVGA 770 4GB card?

I would say no, I would wait to see what the GTX 870 looks like.

For me i was hoping my card would last till the 880's came out so i could buy a 780GTX.. I was able to remove the heatsink and did not have time to redo the paste hopefully tonight.. 

as Bosco said wait till the new cards come out..