R9 290X...The game changer

IVIYTH0S

I can't believe nobody is talking about this!

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7457/the-radeon-r9-290x-review

Seriously this has made me so happy to see what a beast was released at such a price, kicking the ass of more expensive cards!

I'm so proud of AMD!

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it's an awesome card and the fact with the stock fan it's throttling to 700mhz  from heat and still beating the 780 is crazy. I want to buy 2 of these and slap waterblocks on them. Rise the clocks some more and it will be unstoppable, that is until nvidia drops the prices and I get some titans instead :)

yeah it's an awesome card and the fact with the stock fan it's throttling to 700mhz  from heat and still beating the 780 is crazy. I want to buy 2 of these and slap waterblocks on them. Rise the clocks some more and it will be unstoppable, that is until nvidia drops the prices and I get some titans instead :)

That's on quiet mode ;) It'll be more interesting to see the card with new coolers. Plus we'll be seeing the R9 290 this week supposedly.

i am still suprised why occ dont have a card/review yet while there are plenty of reviews online for several days now.

May be you should PM Bosco to know more details about the reason because of which its review is not here.

i am still suprised why occ dont have a card/review yet while there are plenty of reviews online for several days now.

Probably has something to do with Frank being the only one testing video cards and AMD driver support being so horrible that it takes him much longer to review each card - don't even ask him about his time with the 270X, he may rip your head off :ph34r:

Probably has something to do with Frank being the only one testing video cards and AMD driver support being so horrible that it takes him much longer to review each card - don't even ask him about his time with the 270X, he may rip your head off :ph34r:

Hmmm? I've still never had, in all my years with AMD, driver issues (even with a 4870x2 and 5970 CF setups). Don't ask me about my GTX295 though... I'll buy from either vendor though, no hard feelings. Whoever makes the best card for the dollar at my maximum price range gets my buck. It just so happens that AMD does that more often lol

Curious to see how the 780 Ti compares to this and how NVIDIA will price it now that this (290X) is out.

It'd have to be better than the Titan to even be a "threat"

Hmmm? I've still never had, in all my years with AMD, driver issues (even with a 4870x2 and 5970 CF setups). Don't ask me about my GTX295 though... I'll buy from either vendor though, no hard feelings. Whoever makes the best card for the dollar at my maximum price range gets my buck. It just so happens that AMD does that more often lol

Curious to see how the 780 Ti compares to this and how NVIDIA will price it now that this (290X) is out.

It'd have to be better than the Titan to even be a "threat"

No it doesn't because Titan isn't strictly about gaming performance - the only reason anyone should spend the money on a Titan is if they want a card that can handle both workstation and gaming tasks.