Antec P183 Chassis Evaluation

Nemo

One minor improvement over the P182 is that the door lock is in the middle, the door lock on the P182 being on the bottom of that front "panel" never made a damn bit of sense to me...

Nice review gotdamojo06, the P182 is a nice case and this updated version is on my list of things to get if I need a new case.

smileythumbsup.gif

@d3bruts1d: In general most people use the front ports, but maybe them under a retractable panel for a clean finish would have been a nice addition

In general, I don't know anyone that uses them on a non pre-built system.

Guest ajmatson

I only use the USB and the power/reset ones. :)

Are you serious?? Why wouldn't you use them?

I have my USB headset connected to my front panel. I use my second front-USB port for either my gamepad when I use one, or when I want to connect a USB flash drive, etc. And then I use my front-FireWire for my iPod. Why would I want to go to the back of my case when I want to use those things???

Nice review!

I wouldn't make no side window a con, it's a pro in my opinion. :lol:

I'm after a new case. I may have a serious look at this one!

Cheers

Paul

Not having the option to have a window is a con. All cases should have the option to have a window.

I love Antec cases...I'm still using my P160, which I've probably been using for like 8 years?

:withstupid:

I have a P180B and I use the front panel all the time, either for connecting a flash drive or my camera. I've hooked up the front panel on every case I have ever owned, they're really useful.

I just use the Ultra 7-Port USB Buddy Hub instead of the front panel, my case sits a little ways away from the desk plus the G15 keyboard has two usb ports on the back, one is used for my mouse and the other is where I plug my flash drive in if I need quick access to it

Does that provide power though? Most USB hubs can't actually supply power through the USB ports, thus meaning you couldn't charge your iPod, etc.