Corsair Vengeance 1300 Analog Gaming Headset

bp9801

Either way, just because its the first medal you've noticed in awhile doesn't make it the first on OCC in awhile either. Bad generalization on your end. Besides if you read reviews you know there's more to them than just a 1-3 scale as you have put it.

I know it's not the first bronze, it's I just don't notice the medals all time. I normally look at pros and cons instead of the medal, very helpful info there.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's not the first bronze, it's I just don't notice the medals all time. I normally look at pros and cons instead of the medal, very helpful info there.

I just don't see why you would bother stating its the first time YOU have seen a bronze in awhile. Seems like useless information.

Not when there haven't been a ton of reviews in the last couple weeks...

Besides its not like the awards really represent OCC as a whole. Each reviewer has a different vision of overall good-ness. So its more a comparison of an individual reviewer and the awards given by him.

I just don't see why you would bother stating its the first time YOU have seen a bronze in awhile. Seems like useless information.

Whats more useless, is you posting about it. :teehee:

I kinda wonder if the lack of low-end bass and volume point to the need for a source with better amplification since this is the analogue version. These seem to be listed at 32 Ohm nominal but 50mm drivers in heaphones should have decent bass unless the earcups were designed bad.

Was a dedicated sound card used or just the onboard codec?

Likely I'd be more interested in the USB 1500 model since I like having a decicated headset for voice seperate from general sounds because it makes setting up and trouble shooting easier but if Corsair cheaped out on the drivers for these models I'd probably be better off with another brand.

Whats more useless, is you posting about it. :teehee:

Not really considering you are pointing out the fact that it received bronze like no one ever gives bronze...that alone makes the product not look good.

Not really considering you are pointing out the fact that it received bronze like no one ever gives bronze...that alone makes the product not look good.

So Blue, what you saying is, no one can post what medal an item was given in a review? So me saying it got a bronze(which I found out from the review) is somehow worse then an entire review saying that it got a bronze. :rolleyes:

Edited by Black64

So Blue, what you saying is, no one can post what medal an item was given in a review? So me saying it got a bronze is somehow worse then an entire review saying that it got a bronze. :rolleyes:

That is not what I'm saying at all. I'm just saying it is wrong for you say this is the first bronze in forever when it isn't...just because you don't notice things doesn't mean they don't happen. That's all.

That is not what I'm saying at all. I'm just saying it is wrong for you say this is the first bronze in forever when it isn't...just because you don't notice things doesn't mean they don't happen. That's all.

I am getting the feeling your just trolling me.

I kinda wonder if the lack of low-end bass and volume point to the need for a source with better amplification since this is the analogue version. These seem to be listed at 32 Ohm nominal but 50mm drivers in heaphones should have decent bass unless the earcups were designed bad.

Was a dedicated sound card used or just the onboard codec?

Likely I'd be more interested in the USB 1500 model since I like having a decicated headset for voice seperate from general sounds because it makes setting up and trouble shooting easier but if Corsair cheaped out on the drivers for these models I'd probably be better off with another brand.

It is possible Corsair adjusted the drivers to make better use of the mids and highs, since the earcups look to be closed. Some EQ adjustment could help with the low end if so desired, like with anything, but the majority of headset/speaker reviews conducted are used with a flat EQ curve in order to give a baseline measure of the performance.

As for onboard or add-on, I believe Indybird just used the onboard.

With my HS1s after adjusting the eq I was able to get some alright bass out of them. They where also rather comfortable with the microfiber pads on the closed earcups and the pleather headband.

While I can say without a doubt my cx300 II kill the HS1s for bass. With adjusting however it can be made acceptable but not for music listening but more for gaming.