Best motherboard that supports DDR4

Hi guys,

I am planing to buy "Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W Desktop Processor" 
What motherboard would be the best option to match with?

My graphic card is : ASUS STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5
Thank you 

Edited by blacko0ps

You don't have many choices.  So far from what I've read, and depending on what you plan to use it for and if you want to overclock it or not, it probably won't matter much.  Nearly every board from the previous generation offered the same performance levels and it appears that way with DDR4 - so far - as well.  Just get one that has all the functions you will want and need, for example all of the types or number of pci-e slots

• Like 1

The thing is that I have already purchased G.skill Ripjaws 4series 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4. I am considering about Asus X99 Deluxe. I am not sure if I should return the memory and get a LGA 1150 set or go for LGA 2011 set.

I am a 3D rendering artist and I want to use this rig for heavy rendering jobs.

Edited by blacko0ps

I can't help you with that decision.  All I can say is that this new platform costs a lot more than anything DDR3, with it being this early in the development of it.  I would try searching for some DDR4 reviews that use 3D rendering, or talk to other people in that industry to see if that price premium is worth it, to you.  I think the difference for MB + CPU + memory is going to be *edit about $600

Edited by Fight Game