ASROCK Z87 KILLER vs ASUS Z87-A

Hi everyone

They are the same price. Which one I choose? 

ASROCK Z87 KILLER or ASUS Z87-A

This is for a new PC I'm building, I already have an i5 CPU and 4GB of RAM

Thanks

Everything I have read puts all the Z87 motherboards equal in performance.  So pick the one that has all the connections you need.  Then check the amount of time on warranty.  Other than that, availability and price wins.

Edited by Fight Game

The ASRock has an over-abundance of PCIe x1 slots while completely ignoring the PCI interface.  While I'll admit that PCI has been on the way out for a while, there are some of us who still have PCI devices that we use once in a while.  For that reason alone, the ASRock board would be off my list.

Personally, the ASRock is a better "looking" board in my opinion, but once it's all stuffed into a case you won't likely notice.

In the past I've recommended ASRock based on price to performance ratio, but it seems of late that they are having more issues with the board to board quality of their product line up.  I don't have anything concrete or statistical to back this up, only observation and subjective opinion on my part.  It seems like ASRock can always stuff the most features into a competitively priced board, but all those features don't help much if you've got an un-reliable board that fails prematurely or immediately after the warranty is up.

In all fairness I'm not much of an Asus fan these days either, but given the two options you are looking at I guess that I would pick the Asus.

However, if you're open to a suggestion.........................

Another candidate would be the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H.  It's in the same price range and if I were choosing between the three boards the D3H would win hands down.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128591

Fight Game

The ASRock has more features but I think that Asus wins in quality. Overall they both have the things I need.. But i'm asking your guys opinion because I don't know much about these thinks..

wevsspot

I didn't knew that Gigabyte it looks good I do like it but unfortunately it isn't available at the store :/

There's also this one a little bit cheaper: MSI Z87-G43-GAMING and this one a little bit more expensive: MSI Z87-G45-GAMING

Edited by THREAT

I'm just telling you what I'd do with my money based on the choices we've discussed so far;

1. If I anticipate needing a PCI slot I'd go with the MSI G43 Gaming

2. If I ever planned on running a multi-gpu setup I'd go with the MSI G45 Gaming

The G45 also has two more USB 3.0 ports than the G43, (six versus four)

RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization or Returned Merchandise Authorization (the procedure you have to go through if you need warranty support or exchange)

PITA = Pain the arse and other variations of the butt word

Go with the G43 then.

RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization or Returned Merchandise Authorization (the procedure you have to go through if you need warrant support or exchange)

PITA = Pain the arse and other variations of the butt word

Go with the G43 then.

Oh thanks. My english is bad so I didn't understand that stuff.

You're saying the G43? None of the ones I talked a bout is called G43, what do you mean?

Oh I'm sorry man I was confused I didn't understood that you were talking about them. Sorry for my english xD

Can you tell me if the number of slots and satas is the only difference between them?