Andrewr05

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I build an MATX system the other day with the 350D and I was not impressed. The front filter was warped, the drive bay sets to far back so it creates a ledge with the surrounding case, the fans where noisy. When I started the build I noticed the various front panel cables where to short to reach the mATX boards headers with good routing. The tool less mount for the optical drive does not work at all and the mounts for the 2.5" drivers is weak, letting the drive move a lot. Also the front panel opens if you breath on it. 

I have not been happen with the so called "Corsair Quality" of late and their support has been crap. been trying to RMA a set of RAM for over a month and still no response. Plus their smaller cases to me seem to be cheap when it comes to design. They basically chopped off an existing case.

Other than a few 'chintzy' things here and there, the front 140mm fan mounts interfering with the power button and yeah the front panel wires being too short I don't actually mind this CoolerMaster case.

I would go with something bigger next time for sure, but it wouldn't really need to be a whole lot different to be A LOT better.

• 3 weeks later...

Update after awhile, so far everything is working fine except for my media drive.

I really need to get a new one as file transfers to and from it actually bog the PC down, so something somewhere is screwed up on it.

I may pick up a new one at Staples tomorrow as they'll pricematch Amazon.

Edited by Andrewr05

Man, you have such a TINY, yet functional computer ._.

My whole set-up weights in at about ~350 pounds and takes up the entirety of a 7 foot wide desk, and I'm getting a BIGGER case for my next build haha

(those 85 pound CRT's though, I need to find the 29 inch models, those weigh over 100 pounds each)

Speaking of how you use it, go and buy the carry straps and monitor carrier. I bought the G2 and the LCD shield and LOVE this stuff. Easy to make fit and allows me to use just two hands and easily carry my entire rig in with only one trip.

http://www.geargrip.com

Edited by ComputerEd

• 2 weeks later...