Help upgrading old PC.

mizuki777

Where do you live?

479px-Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quic

I dont mind if he asked, i live in italy, and yes, prices here are really high....its better for me if i buy from amazon uk, its cheaper for me then buying from any other italian source.

Where do you live?

I don't beat around the bush....unless she didn't shave :teehee:

Where do you live?

I dont mind if he asked, i live in italy, and yes, prices here are really high....its better for me if i buy from amazon uk, its cheaper for me then buying from any other italian source.

Gotcha, ya I was seeing where you were so I could pick e-tailers that service your area.

Your Comp will chomp the competition, if you keep your PSU and GPU and do what that one guy said with the glasses avatar and strictly think 

CPU, RAM, MOBO.

an i5 CPU with a motherboard that supports i7 and at least 16GB of Total Memory

then a decent cooler for your i5 CPU (OC 4.0-4.2GHZ is fine) and a nice Thermal Compound like Acer with the Diamonds in it.  ($40 total should be fine)

I would proceed to get at least 8GB of clean memory.  Doesn't have to be the exact same memory.  Some people prefer it, you don't have to though.  Try to get the same timings though, so you can OC your CAS Latency on your RAM for bigger pick ups on the CPU OC.

Ex: DDR3 1333mz, 1666mhz, 2100mhz

Then UPGRADE your GPU next and then your CPU to an i7 and OC to (5.2 - 5.5GHZ when time is RIGHT = Another year or 2 years for the GPU depending on what games your playing and 2-3 years on the CPU)

Don't forget to save some CASH for the PS4 or NINTENDO WIIU. :/

Edited by GreatWhiteBoy

Thanks for advice, yes i will go for 2x4GB, howether 1333Mhz or 1666Mhz depends on the motherboard if i am right?

And about i5 cpus, i am not fammiliar with them at all, some have 3.4 others 3.5 base ghz, some 6 mb cache others 8mb ( dont even know what this is )

Thats why i need your help guys, first with the mobo, then with cpu and ram.

And, white boy, what is that :  and a nice Thermal Compound like Acer with the Diamonds in it.  ??

Update, found i5 3570k and i5 4670k on amazon.uk for a not bad price, 210 euros for 3570k and 225 for 4670k.

Which one should i get guys? i am really confused also i5 2500k and 2550k are almost at the same price as 4670k...

And if i am right, the 4670k reques a special mobo ?

Please help me asap :|

Yeah the 4670K requires a socket 1150 board and the 3570K takes a socket 1155 board

Why not pick a board you think is nice, with the features you like and I can help find one equally as good, with the same features, for cheaper (if possible)

In time i decided to go with an i5 3570k, so looked for 1155 socket mobos.

This is what i came to

AsRock Z77 Extreme4 Asus P8Z77-V LK Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77X-UD3H

I mostly decided to go with the asrock one,its confusing because they are mostly at the same level, a lot of people prefer these 3 mobos, so i just picked one of them,also they are at the same price.

• 1 month later...

First off and the intelist can correct me if I'm wrong on this but I believe IVY Bridge is the older version of chip set the processor uses. 1600 will do just fine. If you want you can push to 1866 but I doubt you'll need to. Plus usually when you overclock your cpu your memory overclocks with it just a bit. Ok the thing about memory is this a lot of the companies will tell you that you should always buy your total amount of memory you want together because of the strict testing they do and they cant guarantee it will work with two separate kits. I would recommend the ASUS boards they generally have the most friendly uefi for overclocking and the AI sweet is designed for new to professional overclockers. The other thing is when your using only two sticks there is usually two slots that work better for dual channel remember to look in your manual and it will tell you witch slots these are. The other thing you can do to avoid this is just get a 4x2gb kit and use all four slots. 

Edited by Jklein