SAPPHIRE HD 7750 ULTIMATE Review

bp9801

If you are looking to run a silent computer that can play some games, our latest review may interest you. See how a passively cooled AMD HD 7750 performs as OCC reviews the SAPPHIRE HD 7750 ULTIMATE - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/sapphire_7750_ultimate/

I would have been more happy if there was fan cooling system rather than passive cooling system. Cause, passive cooling = problem with temperatures while overclocking with high ambient.

I would have been more happy if there was fan cooling system rather than passive cooling system. Cause, passive cooling = problem with temperatures while overclocking with high ambient.

Did you not look at the section on temps from the card?

with the fan moved to 100% to see the best possible cooling scenario for the overclocked load test.

So overclocked it was 10C cooler (71C not dangerous by any means) than the 560TI 448 stock load it was 17C cooler (71C wait did you just notice that? cause I did overclocked to 879/1250MHz from 800/1125MHz because voltage is locked it only increased load temps by 1C) than a 6970 (granted auto fan for stock settings).

It also gets destroyed by all the comparison cards in performance which means you need to pay attention to its intended applications which would involve mainly HTPCs where silence and often underclocking (not overclocking) are king.

One huge plus especially for HTPCs is this

Draws power from the PCIe slot

Super efficient, when used appropriately in the setting it was designed for very chill and silent 100%.

It can also mange light gaming ie no AA and low-medium settings but hey gaming is gaming.

sapphire make a fan cooled 7750, this is the special edition passive one, why are you complaining about the lack of fan on a special edition fanless card?

impressive passive cooler! If you were to attach a fan to it, it would be an awesome OCer.

Sorry to say unfortunately not I will direct you to part of the review

As it turned out, I wasn't able to use the voltage controls for the HD 7750 ULTIMATE, so the overclock didn't end up affecting temperatures at all.

Voltage locked :-/

However most certainly a bad butt passive cooler, very impressed by it.

The whole purpose of the Sapphire ULTIMATE cards are for HTPCs and people who only do light gaming. If you want low power consumption, a silent system, and something that can handle the odd game here and there, why not go for a passively cooled card?

As it is said in the review..

If you're going to be building an all out gaming beast, you probably will not and by all means should not, be using a passively cooled video card! In fact, you probably won't care about how much noise the card makes in the first place. However, if your machine's sole purpose is to be used in an HTPC, silence is key! Nobody wants to hear fans spinning while they're enjoying a movie, so for this purpose the Sapphire HD 7750 ULTIMATE is perfect! At $129, it does come in slightly more pricey than other HD 7750 video cards, but this is one of the few times when the price difference isn't such a big deal. Sure you could buy a cheaper card and replace that pesky stock cooler. But, that would probably just cost the same, if not more, than you would have spent on the HD 7750 ULTIMATE to begin with. This passively cooled card from Sapphire is ideal for any machine, where keeping everything as quiet as possible is more important than having the most powerful GPU available!

Did you not look at the section on temps from the card?

Sorry mate. No, I have not.

Cause: got board in the second page of the review after I saw that passive cooling system. :-/

p.s. going through other pages now..

Edited by d6bmg

Great for the HTPC crowd, now they just need to release a half sized one!

That's a good point. Length wise the card is perfect for HTPC's the height however could definitely cause problems with some HTPC Cases.

That's a good point. Length wise the card is perfect for HTPC's the height however could definitely cause problems with some HTPC Cases.

Not me :D In fact I am contemplating crossfire 7750 ultimate cards in my htpc depending on their aussie release price.