[Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 11/16/15 :Finally an update! Its almost done!

OrangeClockwerk

I haven't seen anyone do this color scheme yet, and I'm liking it! I think Noctua fans would really fit well into that right, plus I just wish more people would use Noctuas anyways since most people overlook them because of the color despite their fans being some of the best.

Thanks man, yeah I haven't seen this theme yet either, I have a few other themes planned out that I haven't seen used and I am holding on to them. Trying to do a unique theme with every build. 

Looking good. Makes me wish I had my own workshop. +1 on Noctua's!

Thanks! The workshop was a table and a Dremel at first about 10 months ago, its grown drastically over the year and I am about 3 weeks away from finishing my CNC! I am super stoked!

As for the Noctuas, I have been asked a lot about those in my logs for this build, I would love to use them as they are some of the best fans on the market, the colors arent exact enough to the theme. I do overclock and performance is important to me but I am more into the aesthetics so I would probably paint the Noctuas if I used them with white and the copper paint I found. I plan to probably use enermax cluster fans again becasue they are nice and bright white with white LEDs and easy to paint. They arent the best radiator fans but they are working pretty good with my current build.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Got another update for ya! I finished up the brackets I started at the end of last update and made the case sturdier with a gusset and a shroud through the bottom case. I am very pleased with the build so far! I also am stoked to announce that Primochill and Mod/smart are officially going to sponsor the build! I hope to have some of that in the next update! Also Cooler Master is going to sponsor the build with the new VSM750w semi-modular power supply! I plan to sleeve it up with Mod/Smarts new MaxCord paracord, and I will be painting the connectors copper! Thanks to these sponsors for helping make this case mod awesome!

BTzHil5.jpg

z2iHQXB.jpg

blYLnCi.jpg

Now that I let you in on the great news, lets get into the update!

First off Ill show you the brackets I fiber glassed to fill all the holes. They almost look like they came stock this way =D

mSc8CiQ.jpg

4C1xQy9.jpg

sfdP0xi.jpg

mC8ibVI.jpg

I decided to use rivet nuts instead of rivets so I can screw the case back together with bolts now.

3ssgi8X.jpg

6WOrgCZ.jpg

U8AnFxu.jpg

Now I had a nice neat bottom box ready.

w2bsgEo.jpg

8KIsmPy.jpg

Edited by OrangeClockwerk

Next I made a gusset for strength using acrylic and aluminum cube standoff/nuts. My machinist is sending me the jig to make these and I should have them available for purchase soon after an overwhelming demand for them! Please visit my Facebook Page and leave a message for details. Ill leave a link at the end of the update!

LoILLUt.jpg

xx6hLx5.jpg

N0uTCs7.jpg

l2jqolw.jpg

dawSTn4.jpg

kZtCP2z.jpg

uEMSKxt.jpg

ekThJGa.jpg

SZ40Bsg.jpg

Just that little gusset alone made the case really rigid! Next up was the shroud which will have a small window to show the side of the power supply, and also will have my solid states that I use mounted on it.

First I cut the shroud to size and marked lines to make my bends.

mp8kkoH.jpg

wKe3BEB.jpg

qxCGMQn.jpg

After the first bends I sized it up to mark the excess to be cut off with the router.

ClEkkjr.jpg

uHUCpsZ.jpg

KJ79Er5.jpg

I had to make a notch to clear the lip on the right side. It ended up fitting really nice, then it was time to bolt it down.

wYM6ZuH.jpg

8c8dVIq.jpg

I marked off the cube mounts and got them all on.

ZbglfmH.jpg

GfaUByK.jpg

PtUCqfs.jpg

Once they were on I got it into place. marked them off on the case and then bolted it in.

3CueBJY.jpg

R6r9I2U.jpg

7rU5hyW.jpg

It fit like a glove and came out cleaner than I expected. =D

HVi1Crc.jpg

4pwnfPe.jpg

While I had it tore down I added some MNPCtech.com U-Channel to the bottom panel on the top case that I cut out. It is without a doubt the best U-channel I have used. I left some slack because I will be coating it in white PlastiDip and the last time I did that it shrunk the U-channel a bit.

V4xmglA.jpg

yaS00XM.jpg

yX6NdzW.jpg

aoLRlsy.jpg

Last I stacked up the case and took some photos of where I am sitting at =D

tEAjpJ4.jpg

6t3fE4k.jpg

kDbPI5O.jpg

o3LuPZE.jpg

rb28ZVp.jpg

13gYsJw.jpg

Y6m3rhm.jpg

Well that is all I have for now! Thanks again so much for checking out the build progress! Remember to check my Facebook modding page Clockwerk Case Mods for daily updates and to inquire about the aluminum cubes I will be offering very soon! Take care guys until next time!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey everyone!! Sorry for the delay in updates on the forums! I had an update prepared for last week and ended up moving my workshop from the pool house area to the garage for the summer and I collected some tools and had a huge organization break. So now I am back at it and it is smooth operator! Aluminum cubes are still available at Clockwerk Case Mods, just send me a PM for information! Alright now on with the updates! Lots of goodies came in and I started some of the cool details that will be in this mod!

First thing is first, huge thanks to my awesome sponsors! You guys are really making this build extra special to me!

prYgepC.png

Alright now I want to show you the goodies that came in! First up my power supply from Cooler Master! The newly released semi-modular VSM750w Gold Rated Power supply. I wrote up a little review, check it out >here< Next update I will have it all sleeved up with the Mod/Smart MaxCord I am about to show you!

teXBdO4.jpg

WVJRBdy.jpg

SfEOisT.jpg

Qz0B2HB.jpg

Alright now on to my Primochill & Mod/Smart parts!

5SFgu7S.jpg

fzThCaf.jpg

Bright white MaxCord paracord!

yLjpaQy.jpg

FvCbuhx.jpg

Kobra sleeve for the sata signal cables.

1M9mIES.jpg

Connectors for making custom cables.

vJB52N1.jpg

Heatshrink to match.

QNhZagO.jpg

LED boards for the numerous single wired LEDs I have going into this build.

A7qoBWc.jpg

zC9lgvH.jpg

Many bulkheads! Ill be custom painting them copper =D

iYJNcRy.jpg

More revolvers than the wild west!!

UlQ6vFZ.jpg

All the fittings I will be using.

uP6RxRP.jpg

Can't connect the revolvers without PETG! Originally I was going to use copper tube and I was only using PETG behind the scenes to connect the bulkheads but I have a little surprise for my tubing later on!

jSsMo6Q.jpg

Can't forget the awesome selection of Primochill Intesifier Sicle Colors! That's all I can say about them though!

ZaklPEf.jpg

Alright that's all the parts for now! On to the labor =D First is the LED trim, I use 1/4" acrylic stock and painted the face copper and drilled the ends for 3mm LEDs. Last night I ended up masking them off and painting the top for a more fuller look and the light will show out the bottoms.

mJq0VY0.jpg

UEKl8sx.jpg

DoIleAJ.jpg

eWjayHC.jpg

Lhvj7Mc.jpg

VYPd3nJ.jpg

rDeGxRT.jpg

tFerqe9.jpg

dbn2B8T.jpg

Once they were drilled and cut, they got hit with paint.

loeDbDY.jpg

zETDdc6.jpg

S5PdkYY.jpg

D8XQRFD.jpg

1YsA6zX.jpg

Then I glued them to the side panel with my acrylic cement.

oSHDp26.jpg

hxQsRZl.jpg

9Mxhx0d.jpg

97N47vo.jpg

It looked great but you could see some air pocket of glue because the stock wasn't perfectly flat. So I decided to tape off the panel and repaint the face and paint the top side as well, then clear coat them.

05FEPTr.jpg

GsDUOoA.jpg

I am glad I did that it made the copper effect more bold.

top2FEz.jpg

xloEuWQ.jpg

I also glued my IO panel together. once I have my GPUs I will cut the holes for them.

yjvlFeR.jpg

2bfH5IU.jpg

I also made a front bezel, I am going to redo it a little smaller to make it sit flush in the gap between the 2 original bezels but I can show you how I made it. At this point I decided I am going to use the copper paint instead of actual copper panels as I would prefer everything be the same color rather than real copper and not match exactly.

Here I started with the acrylic trim.

kKgXtDU.jpg

uVNtEOA.jpg

0te2Qn3.jpg

PXBYMd6.jpg

98klFzy.jpg

gYxllVV.jpg

Hdi4RsU.jpg

Then I cut some copper I had and painted it copper...copper on copper lol

CnxxZdW.jpg

yoHdWIn.jpg

DX28NhN.jpg

Once that was all set, I dropped it in to make a nice framed copper panel. I am going to try to trim a little off to make it fit, if that doesn't work I will just remake one, it was easy to do.

kU5xaWq.jpg

DHlkElf.jpg

8LmLOj5.jpg