4x into 16x or 1x

Pteroduck

Hi guys,  i was wondering, is there any converter on the internet that can help me fit my soundcard(4x) into either a 1x slot or a 16x slot? i dont have any 4x slots on my board ;--;

4x and 16x are not the same size ( length wise ) but the connectors are . So a 4x card will fit in a 16x. Also it's good to note even if its a 16x its not always electorally 16x . Some slots if you look close you'll see its 1-8x based on the pins inside. You can also run a 4x card in a 1x slot if the back end is open ( kinda rare these day since they make them all just the large slots for convenes )

4x and 16x are not the same size ( length wise ) but the connectors are . So a 4x card will fit in a 16x. Also it's good to note even if its a 16x its not always electorally 16x . Some slots if you look close you'll see its 1-8x based on the pins inside. You can also run a 4x card in a 1x slot if the back end is open ( kinda rare these day since they make them all just the large slots for convenes )

:doh: You're right about the sizes! I've never seen a short x4 slot and I assumed it was identical to an x16 slot, but fewer pins. Looks like there are short x8 slots too. Live and learn (from other people who have a clue).