Sniper Elite V2

WhenKittensATK

Release: May 2012

Platform: 360/PC/PS3

Genre: Historical FPS

Engine:

Developer: Rebellion

Publisher: Rebellion

The sequel to the highly-acclaimed 2005 game Sniper Elite, Sniper Elite V2 continues to offer gamers the most authentic World War II sniping experience by putting them in the middle of war-torn Berlin amidst the frenzied final battle between German and Russian forces.

With an emphasis on learning to handle the anticipation and pressure of the hunt, players are forced to use skill, patience and cunning to achieve their missions as they find themselves facing life-altering choices. The celebrated "bullet cam" from Sniper Elite makes its return and will be more gratifying than ever. Skillful shots are rewarded with a slow-motion sequence of the bullet running its full trajectory from barrel to target as well as featuring graphic detail of the effects of the bullet entering and destroying a target.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGzyKHl7Geo

Sniper Elite V2 Preview

Edited by Krazyxazn

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sniper Elite V2 - I Can Wait All Day

The story is spread across 11 missions, but how you approach each mission is where the game's open-ended nature comes into play. Like so many other action games, you can customize your arsenal to best suit your play style. Fairburne is equipped with a primary sniper rifle, a machine gun, and a sidearm, as well as a number of different supplementary items. These include explosive mines and trip mines, which can be set up in locations to serve various functions, such as defense mechanisms or traps.

Even though Fairburne is a sniper, you won't be restricted to playing as stealthy soldiers. The different weapons and items let you approach an area in various ways. With your silenced sidearm, you can slowly creep behind enemies and eliminate them. If you're the kind of person who enjoys running and gunning, then your machine gun will let you play with no regard for your safety.

Still, the primary focus is to snipe enemies and use the terrain to your advantage. Enemies will often be far away, so you can eliminate entire squads before they can react. When sniping, the game features both a heart-rate monitor and breathing bar, which factors into shooting. Holding your breath will allow for a more precise shot, but if you're being fired upon and under a lot of pressure, Fairburne's high heart rate makes shooting more difficult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW9sUC7KBfA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCv_ZDQr68o

Edited by Krazyxazn

• 4 weeks later...

I like how he admits that it's not possible in the real world to make a gas tank explode and such, however, I do believe it fits great into the game. I really can't wait for this to come out!

• 1 month later...

Played the demo on the PS3, its okay. Seems you could snipe some people about half a block away from the other person and they don't get alerted (on normal mode at least). The demo map wasn't as opened as I hoped. You can't just go running and opening doors into buildings and you could only climb windows that had no framing panels.

Edited by AZNguyen

Played the PS3 demo last night. I liked it, although I died a few times until I learned to be more patient. :lol: Like AZN said, the map itself isn't very open since it is several city streets. There are some backalleys and things you can use, although they aren't real big and are mostly there to get a better view imo. I did enjoy it and will probably try the hard difficulty just to see how that compares to normal difficulty.

AZN, did you play the first game any? Would you recommend it or just wait for the sequel?