Best sporty car at or under $10,000

IVIYTH0S

my vote is for a Subaru WRX -> (owns a 2012 wrx)  unless your tracking the car don't get an sti, they are so not worth the extra money if its a daily driver.   The awd will help with weather conditions in NJ for you as well.   Another con on the sti is insurance will rape you since it is book at 305hp.  It was 2.5x more for an sti then the wrx and im 30 years old with a good driving record.

They certainly have alot of favorable traits for me, I'll see what nice ones I can dig up

Here's a nice 2002 WRX Wagon for $9K

2004 WRX for $8450

2005 WRX Wagon for $10K in NJ too!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2010 I believe. There was a guy in my Mustang club who had one with a Kenne Bell blower bolted onto it and straight pipes all the way back with long tube headers. It screamed and had the power to back that up... It was lighter than the V8s and walked right by the Cobras in our club. 

The 2010 V6 felt like a total dog IMO. I drove it and hated it.

Perhaps my definition of "fast" and yours is a bit different. The V6 was slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. My Cobalt would have ripped it a new one by a pretty good margin.

If you look hard enough you can get a convertible vette for 10K ! 

Not post-2000 you can't. Maybe mid 90s though...but you don't want one of them. :lol: C4s are horrible to keep running.

I was hoping/expecting Waco to come and persuade/dissuade me on the subject of an cobalt ss platform

Didn't see this before.

Good luck finding one that's not thrashed by now. The supercharged models are getting a bit old (though I did love that car) and the turbo models are usually pretty ragged out as well. A few mods will get you damn near 300 HP on the turbo models...but you'll break other things if you drive hard.

If you can find a totally stock one in your price range without an insane number of miles I don't have anything to dissuade you other than the incredibly cheap dash. Plastic and rattly is an understatement. :lol:

Not post-2000 you can't. Maybe mid 90s though...but you don't want one of them. :lol: C4s are horrible to keep running.

+1

Didn't see this before.

Good luck finding one that's not thrashed by now. The supercharged models are getting a bit old (though I did love that car) and the turbo models are usually pretty ragged out as well. A few mods will get you damn near 300 HP on the turbo models...but you'll break other things if you drive hard.

If you can find a totally stock one in your price range without an insane number of miles I don't have anything to dissuade you other than the incredibly cheap dash. Plastic and rattly is an understatement. :lol:

So the super charged ones are worth it, I wonder if it got sold, but I saw an Ion Redline with less than 100K on it for like $5500.

Perhaps my definition of "fast" and yours is a bit different. The V6 was slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. My Cobalt would have ripped it a new one by a pretty good margin.

Probably just a peaky powerband (probably why the mileage was good??)

Plus S/C's give instapower so that's not really fair :P

+1

Didn't see this before.

So the super charged ones are worth it, I wonder if it got sold, but I saw an Ion Redline with less than 100K on it for like $5500.

Probably just a peaky powerband (probably why the mileage was good??)

Plus S/C's give instapower so that's not really fair :P

SC the Mustang and it would walk the SCed Cobalt. 

It has 15 less torque than the V8, but the new 5.0 V8 is MUCH faster. 412 hp. 

Edited by Onion

You think the hp is over stated???

No, it's just a heavy pig.

SC the Mustang and it would walk the SCed Cobalt. 

It has 15 less torque than the V8, but the new 5.0 V8 is MUCH faster. 412 hp. 

Are we really going to compare a car that's stock versus a heavily modified one (that cost more at stock to start with)? Come on man...