Corsair Force GT lost capacity

Erosannin

Dr I will look at it tonight at home and Wev I know what page file is and it was removed from my SSD since it is not really needed

Explained in that link : http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-performance-tweak,2911.html

Pagefile may or may not be needed but my SSD actually induces a small latency with it off. Though I am VERY sensitive to latency. Though I did do benchmark tests to confirm it. I find most SSD tweaks to be completely unneccessary and most of the time they degrade performance. Power settings/Hibernation is really all you need. Most of the settings people recommend are archaic ones left over from the first generation of SSDs running Vista. Windows 7 handles most of it now.

I find most SSD tweaks to be completely unneccessary and most of the time they degrade performance. Power settings/Hibernation is really all you need. Most of the settings people recommend are archaic ones left over from the first generation of SSDs running Vista. Windows 7 handles most of it now.

As things stand today (considering the technology development/improvements on SSD drives) and Windows 7's excellent support of SSD drives - I think this is a valid observation and statement. I don't do any really advanced tweaking on SSD drives running with Windows 7 anymore. I'm firmly in the camp that disabling the Windows page file is counter productive (regardless of how much RAM you have). I turn off hibernation and move my indexing and temp file locations to a standard HDD. Not much else than that.