nvraidservice.exe

nvraidservice.exe gets installed along with the the nvidia drivers & is set to load at system startup, specifically on systems with a raid config

Does anyone know exactly what this process actually does?

system performance is the same, regardless of whether its loaded or not. But the process takes up about 3megs & I'm a regular scrooge with system resources.

I loaded Lava-softs adwatch the other day & it deemed it a suspicious service & killed it.

Anyone have the answer to this one? thanks in advance.

Hre is something I saw recently on another persons system "WinPatrol Plus" software provided this snippet.

nVidia RAID Service – NVRAIDSERVICE.EXE

A file called nvraidservice.exe comes installed on nVidia nForce-2 and nForce 3-based motherboards. This file is required to provide RAID services. You can learn more about what RAID si and why you need it at http://www.nvidia.com/object/feature_raid.html.

There seems to be a conflict between nvidiaraidservice.exe and the drivers for the SoundBlaster Audigy ZS 2 sound cards that generates an error stating that nvraidservice was interrupted and can't load. If you're having this problem, consider using WinPatrol to disable "SBDrvDet". That should fix it.

Google is your friend.

From WinTasks Process Library

Description:

nvraidservice.exe is a process associated with nVidia NVRaid. It is a hard disk utility required if you are using a RAID system.

From Castle Cops: nVidia NVRaid - hard disk striping/mirroring utility for increased performance and reliability. Required if you have a RAID setup.

From PC Review

Description: nVidia NVRaid - hard disk striping/mirroring utility for increased performance and reliability. Doesn't seem to be required if you have a RAID setup as there is no performance difference without it