NVIDIA GTX 680 Reviewed

Bosco

Wait, so this new card has the power draw of a GTX 560....at 5x the performance? And lower temps than a 580?

Looks like AMD just went bankrupt. :lol:

Good time for AMD is over for now. Expect a sharp fall in price of all 7xxx cards. :P

But the 7970 can kiss goodbye to the performance crown regardless of stock vs stock or oc vs oc...

But Im staying with my good ol 7970's :)

:lol:

Its you again. :P

It would be very interesting to see where GTX680 SLI performance goes.

This card is amazing...Fastest single GPU in terms of performance, while using less power than any of it's counterparts, and cheaper than its direct competition from AMD = NVIDIA hit it out of the park on this one! That is just freaking impressive! I just ordered an ASUS GTX 680 from Tiger Direct :evilgrin: They are sold out at the egg.

It would be very interesting to see where GTX680 SLI performance goes.

Being the sucker that I am for a 2 card setup, I doubt I will only have 1 for long ;)

I've always been a fan of NVIDIA, so really glad to see this car absolutely destroy anything from AMD. Best single-GPU performance, even beating some dual-GPU cards, plus awesome temps and power consumption, all at a very reasonable price (comparatively) equals a HUGE WIN for NVIDIA, not to mention consumers.

And it's scary to think this is most likely not even the top-of-the-line Kepler card. I'm guessing NVIDIA is holding on to the best one to counter whatever AMD is going to do next.

Good review. I wish i had the money to buy one (or two) of these.

Looks like you mixed up the order of the graphs on the temperature page. The overclocked temps are shown being lower than the stock temps.

Good review. I wish i had the money to buy one (or two) of these.

Looks like you mixed up the order of the graphs on the temperature page. The overclocked temps are shown being lower than the stock temps.

I think OCC found a new editor. ;)

No I think its right. Remember, for OC temps the fan is raised to 100% :)

I think OCC found a new editor. ;)

Reviewers are responsible for content.

Editors are responsible for grammar, spelling, and making sure the reviewer actually sounds coherent.

Graphs = content :P

EDIT:

No I think its right. Remember, for OC temps the fan is raised to 100% :)

And this is exactly why editors don't handle content - we have to trust the reviewers put the correct information in. They're the ones testing, not editors. Editors have no idea what the numbers are.

Reviewers are responsible for content.

Editors are responsible for grammar, spelling, and making sure the reviewer actually sounds coherent.

Graphs = content :P

EDIT:

And this is exactly why editors don't handle content - we have to trust the reviewers put the correct information in. They're the ones testing, not editors. Editors have no idea what the numbers are.

Doh!