BF3 starts to lag after playing for 30 mins or so.

RichAC

I remember someone having a similar problem (sounded exactly the same actually) , I don't know what their fix for it was though. It was definitely related to their GPU's RAM filling up.

hmm   was thinking this too.    but if you read this german thread on EA.  http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654625232921455/

some of these guys that get the issue have vid cards with 8gb of ram?  which i didn't even know existed lol.  ive' tried a bunc of diff vid card drivers.  One guy told me he has watercooling and gets issues with bf3.

it seems nobody has a solution for this.   and its baffling.  it seems like it doesn't even get talked about much anymore.   Apparenlty I just found out, it was an issue for some in bc2...that ea dice eventually fixed.      I feel like i am the only one with this issue when talking in servers about it.   I wonder if people are just pretending it doesn't exist,  or don't even realize their lag is coonciding with the chat box......its really strange.

you know,  russian hackers are hacking ea's site like every month.   I heard anonymous has warned them a couple times.....origin gets compromised and shut down so we can't log in...battlelog gets shut down.   mass accounts get stolen.   sometimes i wonder if i got a bf3 virus,  hahaaha.     but like i said i reformatted.  unless its a hidden rootkit that was in my backups.  who knows.  thats doubtful though.

BF3 seems to be even less popular then when i started over the summer.  i just found out one of my fav servers is shut down.     a guy on my friends list who also  has seen this issue on his pc.  He was the one that informed me it usually happens on long ticket servers, so I knew i wasn't alone.  He said he had reported the bug and its never been fixed,,,,     hasn't played bf3 since the last time ea was hacked.   noone could log into origin... but some were still able to log into the game severs.....though he said he was getting all sorts of errors...haha.  Dude hasn't played a game since.

this is worst i've seen pc gaming man.   in 20 years!    i even consider bf3 dead.    i don't care how many people bought the game.  there is only like a dozen populated ranked pb 64 man servers in all of the NE and canada.  its depressing.   and most of them are filled with hackers(even most of the shitties hack)   and admins who don't care about fair play.

it seems the only popular and respectable multiplayers are lol, sc2, cs and tf2.   and lets be honest.  why would anyone build a gaming rig for those games?

I know i sound like a tinfoil hat wearer,   but sometimes I think these hackers are just ruining video games, and computing in general.    its getting really bad out there now on the world wide web.  

I have another question.  Is it possible for a hacker to fry my pc or ruin the hardware, besides the hdd,   maybe the cpu?  even though my board is not overclockable?  again like waco said...i'm prolly getting obessessed over nothing.

Edited by RichAC

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the vram never goes over 800 on high. on medium its 629mb. all the temps seem find. video usage when i quickly tab to desktop is 75%. but like i said the fps was beautiful tonight even on high. I think my issue was either my firewall totally not getting along with bf3. or the qos settings i put in the router. I'm not positive yet and will post an update to confirm. It might be that i just got lucky tonight, and my isp connection was good or there was not many chatting in the chat box lol.

Edited by RichAC

ya still got the chat lag bug. I've ran out of ideas. It must be the game like waco said. I just don't understand then why it doesn't happen to everybody on the server?

Do you really need the chatbox?  Isn't there a way to disable it in BF3?  I haven't played in a while but I seem to remember that you could press the "H" key and cycle through 2 or 3 choices.

Try opening task manager and monitor your cpu usage in game.  64 player maps are very cpu intense. I wouldn't think that an x6 would have an issue, but my x4 @ 3.6ghz struggles with 64 player maps.

Here's my post on being cpu limited in 64 player maps: http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=191497&hl=

I really like BF3, but lately...man it is just FILLED with hackers and crappy teams.  I've been taking a break and playing FarCry3 and MassEffect3, but look me up (RedFury777) and maybe we'll team up sometime.

I saw some guys discussing this the other night, it is the chatbox itself that causes the issues, something with the way its coded and how when people talk it actually loads up the entire back chat each time instead of just whatever was said recently, so that is why after about 30 min your game gets all wonky every time someone chats. I don't know how much truth there is to this but it makes sense.

I saw some guys discussing this the other night, it is the chatbox itself that causes the issues, something with the way its coded and how when people talk it actually loads up the entire back chat each time instead of just whatever was said recently, so that is why after about 30 min your game gets all wonky every time someone chats. I don't know how much truth there is to this but it makes sense.

Ya its a real shame. and whats ironic is we can't even scroll through the chatbox! It blew my mind the first time played the game.

I just did a totally clean reformat with windows disc. reinstalled win 7. I'm even using the amd chipset drivers from amd.com latest drivers and firmware on everything. I guess it just depends how many people are chatting in the game. Do you guys get the same issue?

Theres no way i'd buy another ea dice game. Besides giving premium users higher scores and high spots on the scoreboards of match history. Theres the fact everyone lags in the game, whether they think its the netcode or what have you. I'm done with pc gaming.

As one poster said, its just filled with hackers...and admins who don't care about fair teams who don't respect these games like sports. Thats why its so dead and people are converting to consoles. Where there are thousands more playing without dedicated servers and without hardware advantages, with kids who are more into sports.

There is basically only a dozen or two 64 man servers in all of north america and canada that are populated in bf3. and this is one of the more popular fps games besides cs and tf2. But the diff is we know for a fact there was a minimum of 500,000 people that bought this game. its suspicous...and Its pretty depressing that noone plays fps games on the pc anymore for all these reasons. I can't see building a gaming rig for counterstrike lol.

To be honest i bought this game to play 64 man servers, otherwise i might as well play on a console. I do get lower fps on 64 man maps. I only have a quad core. but fps is not my issue. I can avg 50 fps at 1080 res on medium settings. And it happens to guys with i7s, it happens to anyone with any type of rig apparenlty when researching this issue.

I've read somewhere one of the head developers from bc2 Mikael Kalms, addressed the issue and it was later patched in BC2. But noone is fixing it in bf3. I think most people who lag/cpu spikes don't realize its from the chat box, and are not specifically complaining about it. There is threads upon threads about hitching and randon freezes and lag and bf3's horrible netcode. But noone knows why! Because thinking a chatbox can lag your game...is understandably unfathomable. Apparenlty after 100 chats or something like that it gets buffered, according to Miakel Kalms about bc2... so after it reaches a certain amount of chats thats when it happens. Can be at middle of match or at end of match.

I think the few people that are left playing this game. are playing with such crap fps they don't notice it as much....think its impossible the chat box can affect this, they don't care, or are just pretending it doesn't exist. Or maybe there are just a community of hackers...that are the only ones not affected by this issue for mysterious reaosns.

maybe its my internet? maybe i should call my ISP? hahah I wonder if it has something to do with those server mod tools they use for automatic server chat messages. Those cause spikes too after a while. or maybe they just make it worse by adding to the amount of chats. One server admin told me to change my ip lol.

All i know is, it seems EA does not care about pc's anymore, and they totally lost any support from me in the future.

Edited by RichAC