Google Apps Questions

kendellrt

Who uses Google Apps?  I want to know more about it.  What I am looking for is a solution to enable me to only setup one account with my devices, rather than two or three.  I want to be able to use Google Apps to sync with my regular free Gmail, or forward to it if that is all that is possible, and to sync my exchange server email, calendar, tasks, etc, also.  I no longer want a bunch of calendars and inboxes and a bunch of required security upgrades.  Will this work for me?  Who can tell me more about it?

But do you have to forward the free Gmail account to Google Apps, or can you set it up to sync? Basically, I am looking to find a single place to access my personal email and calendar as well as my work exchange email and calendar instead of signing into several different accounts on each device I use.

My personal GMail and my professional Exchange mail sync with the Google Calendar and Google Mail on both of my phones.

How do you accomplish this?  I am looking to merge them into one calendar so as not to miss any meetings or appointments, but without the need to setup high security updates to the lockscreen of my Nte 3.

For mail................

Open the default email app on your droid phone (I'm on JB 4.3)

Select the options menu (the three vertical dots on the top right hand of the screen)

Choose "Add account"

You will have five options; Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, Other (POP3/IMAP)

Choose the correct account type and follow the prompts.

For calendar.........

Open the default calendar app on your droid phone (I'm on JB 4.3)

Select the options menu (the three vertical dots on the top right hand of the screen)

Select Accounts (All calendars)

Select the "+" 

You'll have three options; Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, Hotmail, Google

Choose the correct account type and follow the prompts.

On ANY Android phone you Log-In to the Google account by using your Gmail Address.... it will Automatically Sync all Gmail to any device you log into.

Then on the contac do as Wevsspot said and ADD another account.

Best thing about Android...not only will it Sync Gmail but

also Phone contacts. Once you sign into Chrome with the Gmail address it will sync Bookmarks as well...

You all aren't quite understanding what I'm trying to accomplish here. I did some more research and found that Google App Sync may work for me. I am mostly interested in syncing my Exchange calendar with all the others. Then I don't have to mess around with selecting a whole bunch of different calendars to be able to view them all in one place.

Apparently I am confused.  We don't use Google App Sync.  As I explained above, my stock Android mail and calendar are set up to sync with my professional email and calendar (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync).  I receive all of my business email and calendar events on my phone and in fact my phone notifies me when they arrive.  The only real decision to make is whether you want the accounts to sync on an interval or manually refresh when you open the mail or calendar apps.

That's the thing. Mine will do that too, but outside of mobile, I cannot sync my Exchange calendar outside of a VPN. That is of course, unless you have Google Apps and sync your Exchange directly with your Google account using Google App Sync. Then, you can simply sign into a Google Apps account and is all right there in one signed on account regardless of device, mobile, or PC/Mac. It's no big deal to have your free Gmail synced to a Google Apps account. I'm simply double checking to make sure I have it all correct according to my research. I originally posted this before I found thisinfo in the Google help documents. It was buried deep in there.