First water cooling setup

usama7

Hey OCC!

I recently got a SysCooling DIY watercooling kit. It has a 120mm rad with a thickness of about 35 mm. As it is my first attempt at water-cooling, I thought I should share it with you guys.

post-104796-0-23917400-1405859978_thumb.jpg

Thats the rad with the included Yate Loon medium speed fan capable of pushing 70.5 cfm @ 1650 rpm. The pump is capable of doing 300 ltr/hour and a head of 1.9 meters.

post-104796-0-45646500-1405860140_thumb.jpg

CPU block and fittings.

post-104796-0-05106200-1405860219_thumb.jpg

CPU block installed with everything setup and running. The fluid is blue and matches my RAM  :woo:

post-104796-0-69650900-1405860359_thumb.jpg

The pump in the 5.25" drive bay. I had to take out my optical drive for it and now I will have too get a USB power kit or an external unit. The pump has a blue LED to indicate its powered up and working but it isnt visible because of the blue coolant.

post-104796-0-92233300-1405860510_thumb.jpg

Finally the rad and fan. In case you are wondering i have it outside as opposed to been inside my case, then the answer is that it wont fit inside the case. My BitFenix Merc Alpha isnt that good for water cooling. I have the fan in "pull" configuration for now and I might add another Xigmatek fan in push if its becomes necessary

no ? i see the blue glow  thru the coolant, but if you hadn't brought it up i probably wouldn't have noticed...so far so good right !

thanks. lets hope I can expand on it later on. There arent any retailers who sell custom water cooling parts so I will have to get everything from abroad.

Just a quick question. I ran prime 95 with large FFTs and I got around 50C with a variation of 2C. is that good enough? My proccesor is a core i5 3450 and i have the No-K OC enabled in my bios so it runs at 3.7 GHz on all core at full load with the turbo boost and can go upto 3.9 on single core loads. and would it be better if I used demineralized water instead of the included coolant? because I have heard that the additives in the coolants can cause blockages in the loop after sometime.

All additives will cause buildups on your blocks & radiators, so the fewer additives the better,.. I only use clear deionized, distilled water with a few drops of corrosion protection or a silver killcoil to help prevent copper carbonate, hydroxide and chloride buildup,.. to add color it's best to use cold cathode lighting or LED lighting.

Edited by Braegnok