Buy Windows 8 NOW!

VaporX

granted 90% is a bit out of proportions xD

but i saw some benchies somewere that the perfomance isnt as good as windows 7 in games

could be different now ofcourse, been like half a year when i looked it up.

That is also inaccurate. I have yet to see any test that in the end does not conclude that gaming performance is pretty much even between 7 and 8.

A lot of the hate out there for Windows 8 is due to people making assumptions or even posting purely false info without any real effort to use the OS. That was why id did an actual three part article on my opinion of Windows 8 based on initial installation, a week of heavy use and then a month of use by an entire family on multiple machines.

Now do not get me wrong I am not saying Windows 8 is problem free, but the issues at the end of the day are primarily about people not liking the UI and that is all. From a compatibility point of view I have yet to find any software that runs on Windows 7 unable to run on Windows 8. From a performance point of view, entire system performance is actually quicker on Windows 8, app specific performance is pretty much the same across the board. BTW overcoming the interface problem for someone is as simple as a half a dozen free solutions or a couple of $5 packages that when added to the cost of the upgrade is still less than a Windows 7 upgrade, at least until February.

Is Windows 8 a compelling upgrade from Windows 7, NO. In fact unless you just want to I would not suggest installing 8 if you already have 7 on the system. However if you have a Windows Vista or XP system, or even if building new, then I personally would use Windows 8. Like it or not it is the future of Windows and will have the majority of support coming forward.

I just spent like an entirety to revert my win8 gamer back to to win7...it was fun while it lasted but enough is enough...8 grabbed ahold of my machine like a virus and every drive had to be cleaned...

I have installed Windows 8 and running fine.. all games run fast with no problems at all.. I have no idea where you are reading games are slow... I play AC3, BF3, Fifa 12.13, Steam games.. Hitman 3 and it runs smooth.. there are cons to everything.. Even in windows 7, I don't let it update any drivers and i do the same thing in 8..  and in other SSD i have installed Windows 7.. I have switched between drives.. and you are saying Windows 8 grabbed hold of your hard drive?? 

• Like 1