Problems Overclocking i7 2600k @4.5 on ASRock Z77 Extreme4

Mr_Weck

Hello,

This is the first computer that I've built, and I'm having problems to overclock this processor ... I can make it stable at 4.3 with Vcore offset of -0015 and +0012 in the Additional Turbo Voltage. However, if I try to put 45 or even 44 in multi, windows does not load, it gets stuck on the screen that shows the Windows logo (windows 7 x64). Anyone have any tips, or can assist me in any way? I would really like to use 4.5GHz 24/7.

Thank you!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i7 2600k

ASRock Z77 Extreme4

Corsair Vengeance 8GB 4x2GB 1600MHz  9-9-9-24

SilverStone 850W Strider Plus 80+ Silver

Asus GTX 670 DCII

Scythe MUGEN 3 Rev. B

Corsair Force3 120GB SSD

WD 500 GB HDD

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

P.S.: BIOS (UEFI) version is the latest available, 2.80

Vcore in offset mode? Sorry, I don't have any idea about the value in offset mode.

If you plan to apply vocre in direct mode, then a vcore of 1.30-1.35V should be enough to overclock a normal 2600K to 4.5GHz.

Either set it to Auto offset and read the voltage requested/supplied, or use Fixed and find what voltage it is stable at.

Then go and change back to offset +/- with enough offset to supply the voltage it needs at that speed.

I can make it stable at 4.3 with Vcore offset of -0015 and +0012

That is pretty low voltage I think.  You need to read the vcore while it's running to see what that really equates to though.

Try enabling Internal PLL overvoltage and try again.

This is showing your 4.3 settings with an undervolt offset.  Are you upping that -.010v offset to a fixed 1.385 and leaving the additional turbo voltage on auto? 

Try enabling Internal PLL overvoltage and try again.

This is showing your 4.3 settings with an undervolt offset.  Are you upping that -.010v offset to a fixed 1.385 and leaving the additional turbo voltage on auto? 

Did not work, still freezing on boot screen, everything above 43 multiplier freezes it. The thing is, I had already made it stable to 4.5, then the other day, it wasn't stable anymore.. not even the "auto OC" function manages to boot the system... is there any other information I can provide?

Thanks a lot for the help guys