Temps High on my overclock'd 3570k?

MadMan

Its funny how everytime it comes out its "you broke it" in one form or another...why can't it simply be a crap peice of plastic? I have never had this happen to me in the many years now I have been building pc's/repair and upgrading other peoples. Simply put upon trying to remove the video card half of the slot came with it hooked onto the "L" pcb of the video card. I even had a little trouble removing my 1st video card when sending it out to RMA. Upon examining the slot this half of the pci express port is not soldered down like the x16 port is. And their style "clips" are the ones you have to push in, in order to release the video card not the latch/lever type. My girlfriend was even watching me at the time (when it broke) and thought it broke quite easy. I really feel that this one is on gigabyte...just sucks only being 2 weeks old then having to send it back :(

I was wondering about getting better thermal paste...when it comes back all I have is some Artic Silver 5 Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound which is at least 5 years old now...is there something newer that is better and be worth getting or would this work just fine?

I was wondering about getting better thermal paste...when it comes back all I have is some Artic Silver 5 Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound which is at least 5 years old now...is there something newer that is better and be worth getting or would this work just fine?

Artic Silver 5 is itself a good thermal paste.

You can try other thermal pastes, but result will be almost same.