Our Cooler Master Real Power 1250 is Posted

road-runner

"Under load, the ATI 2900XT draws approximately 320+ watts for a single card."

Does that seem a little high or is it just me? If that's based on this: http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware..._2900xt/10.html then that's not accurate, since that 320+ watts is for an entire system, not just the video card.

Looks like a DAMN nice PSU though. Good review!

Guest ajmatson
"Under load, the ATI 2900XT draws approximately 320+ watts for a single card."

Does that seem a little high or is it just me? If that's based on this: http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware..._2900xt/10.html then that's not accurate, since that 320+ watts is for an entire system, not just the video card.

Looks like a DAMN nice PSU though. Good review!

Ok I ammended it to be exace since it was vague but I did notget my numbers from any site. I took the max wattage from a 6 pin pci-e connector which it 75 watts, added that to the max of an 8 pin pci-e connector which is 150 watts and the wattage of the pci-e bus which is also 75 watts. Together that is about 300 Watts just for one card (Remember this is maximum but what therotically can be used under full load. The Nvidia card is 225/450 since it only uses two 6 pin connectors which are 75 watts each and the bus which is 75 watts. Does this clarify my numbers better? Thanks, ajmatson

It's a good review, but 1250?! Apart from the suckers that fall for Quad-CF, who needs this?
Thats always an issue, if you were to buy this power supply and it was reliable then you'd pretty much be set for the next 10 years worth of technology power requirements... :lol:

Ok I ammended it to be exace since it was vague but I did notget my numbers from any site. I took the max wattage from a 6 pin pci-e connector which it 75 watts, added that to the max of an 8 pin pci-e connector which is 150 watts and the wattage of the pci-e bus which is also 75 watts. Together that is about 300 Watts just for one card (Remember this is maximum but what therotically can be used under full load. The Nvidia card is 225/450 since it only uses two 6 pin connectors which are 75 watts each and the bus which is 75 watts. Does this clarify my numbers better? Thanks, ajmatson

That's the theoretical maximum it could draw if it were designed to do so, not what it actually does draw. Also - you aren't required to use an 8 pin connector, I run mine with dual 6 pin connectors.

The actual power consumption of a single 2900XT is around 200-210 watts under 100% load. The 8800GTX is a little below that at around 180 watts if I remember correctly.

Just using ATI tool for my reference. At full load overclocked my 1900XTX would pull 19 amps at 12 volts DC. 19 amps x 12 volts = 228 watts if I am correct. This is of course using a software tool instead of an ammeter to measure the amperage that the card pulled.