• Cinema Display (Any Size)
    • None
    • Apple TV
    • Apple Networking Items (Any)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried just about every damn portable MP3 player (well ones I was willing to try) before giving in trying a damn ipod (trust me, I really didn't want to) ...but I gotta admit, out of all the mp3 players I have owned the ipod is the best one. Better sound quality, better interface (tho still needs improvement - like on the fly queuing/playlists) and better build quality. I avoided this thread for a long time because I really don't like admitting this. Though my friends already know I caved in and call me a hypocrite for buying something I said I wouldn't, so wth... occ should know my sin as well. I have to admit, their touch screen is so smooth and fluid compared to even newer products trying to mimic it.

No other products though. Stupid phone and a normal PC.

If Apple didn't marry their products to iTunes I would actually consider them again. Now it is going to be a toss up of having a dedicated mp3 player (which I prefer) or going with a phone with decent battery life that can sustain my music needs.

I tried just about every damn portable MP3 player (well ones I was willing to try) before giving in trying a damn ipod (trust me, I really didn't want to) ...but I gotta admit, out of all the mp3 players I have owned the ipod is the best one. Better sound quality, better interface (tho still needs improvement - like on the fly queuing/playlists) and better build quality. I avoided this thread for a long time because I really don't like admitting this. Though my friends already know I caved in and call me a hypocrite for buying something I said I wouldn't, so wth... occ should know my sin as well. I have to admit, their touch screen is so smooth and fluid compared to even newer products trying to mimic it.

No other products though. Stupid phone and a normal PC.

If Apple didn't marry their products to iTunes I would actually consider them again. Now it is going to be a toss up of having a dedicated mp3 player (which I prefer) or going with a phone with decent battery life that can sustain my music needs.

I am like you I bought my iPod because well there was jack all else on the market and Sony can't seem to get their act together.

I love my iPod but hate iTunes I barely update my iPod because its a pain which means most of my new music goes on my phone.

I sincerely hope Sony sorts it's sh¡t out. They have the potential to do something amazing. Their latest walkmans in terms of music playback are phenomenal in terms of features and price compared to.the iPod they are carp. The PSP is rocking it pretty good and they make some great cameras. The walkmans boarded on an almost android sort of system and now that they bought out Sony Ericsson... I don't see why they couldn't release a brilliant (if thicker) phone which combines their portable devices and tech like bravia engine, screens and cameras etc with preferably a dual core a15 this quad core crap is annoying me almost as much as salesmen and ram.

I bought an 80gb iPod video (5th generation I believe) about six years ago. I used it as a portable music player, but now it just functions as my car's hard drive. The stupid thing has survived the sub-zero chills of Indiana winters, as well as the scorching summer heat inside my car (sometimes at least 120 degrees in there).

I don't like Apple, at all. But I do have to say that the quality of their products (from what I've seen at least) is very superior to other electronic devices. Not many portable devices can last over six years anymore, especially in those conditions.

I think im the only proper mac fan here.....:D

I have to say...the ipod is just the bee's knees(not sure if u have that phrase in america) the only problem is, is the itunes sync thing...it's even worse with an iphone...that's why im gonna jailbreak it...

and I have a third-party app to put music on any ipod or iphone...which I use quite often

I think im the only proper mac fan here.....:D

I have to say...the ipod is just the bee's knees(not sure if u have that phrase in america) the only problem is, is the itunes sync thing...it's even worse with an iphone...that's why im gonna jailbreak it...

and I have a third-party app to put music on any ipod or iphone...which I use quite often

Or you could just get the asus phone and call it done

stupid.gif

I do not use Apple based products. I prefer to have control of my hardware not some company in Ca making my choices of what I should or should not be able to run. Further I do not give companies that support sweat shop labor any of my money.

Edited by ComputerEd