Best way to melt ice

Lord_Guy

It's supposed to rain, freeze, and snow in my neck of the woods on Friday/Saturday. I was just curious the best way to melt the ice on my walk way.

Salt is good but there's a lot of animals in my neiborhood and a torch works well but it takes forever, and hurts my back.

Since I don't have access to any incendiary grenades or a heated walk way; What should I do? I'd like a cheap and effective way to melt the ice. Any ideas?

Cheapest and most available way will probably be salting dude. Heated strips in your walkway/driveway would the best alternative without lifting a finger.

On a lighter note, it's supposed to be near 80F by me tomorrow. tongue.gif

I good ice chisel is how I always get things done. Along with a scraper they can pound through ice pretty quick.

I used to do this for my parents every winter. You could forgo salt for some coarse sand, that seems to work.

As far as salt goes you shouldn't worry about animals to much, to my knowledge I have never had an animal eat and get sick off sidewalk ice.

I don't chip my ice, I just walk on it. 20 years in Minnesota has taught me how to walk on ice like a champ.

Interesting answers. Lol. Being that it is Colorado, it could be 90* Friday/Saturday. I only worry about the Albino Fox we have. I'd rather not kill her and her pups (my dog's a man, he can deal with it). My girlfriend told me to pay some kid $20 and get them to do it. Then I said I'll just make her do it. She hit me.

Interesting answers. Lol. Being that it is Colorado, it could be 90* Friday/Saturday. I only worry about the Albino Fox we have. I'd rather not kill her and her pups (my dog's a man, he can deal with it). My girlfriend told me to pay some kid $20 and get them to do it. Then I said I'll just make her do it. She hit me.

You sure it's an albino fox not a white wolf?