motor trend car of the year

cjloki

Still, 150 miles in 30min, whereas you could get more than that in 5min using a standard fuel pump...well...technically prehistoric forest over 1,000,000,000 years ago but hey it's dead now so who's to complain with us using a teeny little bit? lol2.gif

how much is a liter of gas over there these days euro ?

whoa, that's cheaper what we're paying out here in cali (2.1L to a gal ?),...3.89 per gal today at one station and 4.00+ and up per gallon other places,...40- 50 dollars to fill a 10 gallon tank makes the tesla (or hydrogen) seem all the more appealing...motor trend is pretty serious about cars i think,...they're no pushovers, so there must be something to their decision huh ?

Actually, I think it's closer to 4 litres/US Gallon... 3.78 or something like that.

As far as I'm aware the only real problem is to do with the size of the tanks - not being able to fit tanks that are small enough/safe enough into hatchbacks, city cars and sports cars isn't a reason not to make full-size sedans, vans, trucks, SUVs, buses...

We'd also have far more efficient storage systems if funding for nanotube research (other than carbon) was bigger.

The range on the Clarity is something like 300 miles, which is as much/more than battery-powered cars and refilling hydrogen takes a fraction of the time.

Yeah, that's what I mean. You need pretty large tanks of the stuff for decent range and I thought I read the tanks have be coated with diamond or something??

Plus there's the whole issue if they extract the Hydrogen from steamed methane method then they are still are producing greenhouse gasses... unless they strictly use electrolysis and the use solar/wind/geothermal power plants to back that, then they are still part of the problem.