power supply question

Ok, im just wondering i have a 650 xfx PSU my build is :

CPU: 1090T

MB : CROSSHAIR FORMULA IV

GPU: ATI 5770 XFX

DVD: LITE ON SOMETHING

RAM: CORSAIR XM SOMETHING DDR3 1333

HD : WESTERN DIGITAL 500 GB

The thing is im going to buy a new card probably a 6850 pair or 6870 dont know yet, since i wanna CF them will the psu be enough ??

Ok, im just wondering i have a 650 xfx PSU my build is :

CPU: 1090T

MB : CROSSHAIR FORMULA IV

GPU: ATI 5770 XFX

DVD: LITE ON SOMETHING

RAM: CORSAIR XM SOMETHING DDR3 1333

HD : WESTERN DIGITAL 500 GB

The thing is im going to buy a new card probably a 6850 pair or 6870 dont know yet, since i wanna CF them will the psu be enough ??

Should be ok even with two 6850 unless you are overclocking heavily and have a lot of drives, fans etc.

If you get a pair of 6870 that system would probably use right around 450-550watts depending on the overclocks and voltages used. I would suggest slightly more than you need, like a 750watt corsair unit but the one you have picked out should be powerful enough.

If you get a pair of 6870 that system would probably use right around 450-550watts depending on the overclocks and voltages used. I would suggest slightly more than you need, like a 750watt corsair unit but the one you have picked out should be powerful enough.

And for X-fire 6870's you would need 4 PCIe power plugs and 650Watts PSUs dont always have that many.

Yami,

Take all your current/future hardware configurations and plug them into a power supply calculator. Antec has one, Corsair has one, heck even NewEgg has one. There's also one floating around the net called the Extreme Power Supply Calculator.

They all seem to "over" guess what you need, but at least it's a starting point.

Here's a link;

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp