EBAY SUCKS!

Waco

Remember this. Every message you exchange will be taken in to account if he opens a case, make you questions precise and don't be shady, Offer the refund with clear instructions and this will make him look shady. eBay will rule in your favor if does come to that.

PS.Also don't look at his feedback he got,look at the feedback he left for others, I block buyers like this, that leave a lot of negatives.

Edited by Black64

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PS.Also don't look at his feedback he got,look at the feedback he left for others, I block buyers like this, that leave a lot of negatives.

Ebay is supposed to block buyers that pull this kind of crap by default (I have it set to block anyone likely to cause issues with the transaction). To be honest I didn't even look at the feedback he had left for others until just now. :mfp:

Anyway - I'll keep this updated. I have the feeling I may end up with a negative but hopefully won't have to deal with him breaking the card and returning it that way. :glare:

We've done all communication through the Ebay message center so his request for a partial refund while keeping the card is already there (and highly suspect).

I have had only a couple of problems with buyers on Ebay. The last was a very similar situation with the buyer saying the something was defective and offering to keep the item at a discount. I contacted Ebay, explained to them what was going on and asked them to look at the communication between us (always email through Ebay). In the end, they thought it was just as strange as I did, that the buyer would want to keep an item they claimed was defective for a partial refund, sided with me, and removed the neg feedback that was left on my profile. I have 100% positive feedback and was going to lose it if that changed over a BS scammer transaction. But, I have never had any problems with presenting Ebay with all of the facts and having them side with me! My point was more that you can't blame Ebay entirely when a couple of bad apples try to spoil the bunch, even though I know you were just getting some frustration out ;)

Sorry all....but Ebay rocks for buying and selling! There are always going to be morons no matter where you go, no matter what the situation is! They are the exceptions generally, not the rules ;)

Sorry all....but Ebay rocks for buying and selling! There are always going to be morons no matter where you go, no matter what the situation is! They are the exceptions generally, not the rules ;)

That doesn't mean Ebay doesn't suck every once and awhile...

All these stories make me have to ask.. why do people still sell on eBay if it is loaded with scammers?

Because it's also loaded with quality buyers and sellers like you and me as well.

There are ways to protect yourself.

Wrap it up!! :lol:

I have had only a couple of problems with buyers on Ebay. The last was a very similar situation with the buyer saying the something was defective and offering to keep the item at a discount. I contacted Ebay, explained to them what was going on and asked them to look at the communication between us (always email through Ebay). In the end, they thought it was just as strange as I did, that the buyer would want to keep an item they claimed was defective for a partial refund, sided with me, and removed the neg feedback that was left on my profile. I have 100% positive feedback and was going to lose it if that changed over a BS scammer transaction. But, I have never had any problems with presenting Ebay with all of the facts and having them side with me! My point was more that you can't blame Ebay entirely when a couple of bad apples try to spoil the bunch, even though I know you were just getting some frustration out ;)

:withstupid: If it's all through Ebay and he's not proving to you any of what he's saying then there's no way Ebay won't side with you. You are untouchable my friend

:withstupid: If it's all through Ebay and he's not proving to you any of what he's saying then there's no way Ebay won't side with you. You are untouchable my friend

That's what one would hope...time will tell. :lol:

We sell quite a bit on ebay and apart from the fees it's great.

we have had some trouble with a few scammers, one scam was say you auction started at $.99 some guy would go and bid $5 then use another account to bid a lot more then the item is worth...(to turn off any other bidders) then at the last 30s remove the bid..and then he gets the item for $5

So we opened a case...and ebay gave my dad a button on his account to block bidders and remove bids(usally only shops have it)

then apart from that we've only had this other guy who wanted €300 back because a mac pro that he just bought didn't come with a mouse and keyboard( even though it was clearly stated otherwise...:D

so if he decides in the end to be vengeful and take a picture, give him a discount :lol:

and another thing..request to have a couple of numbers written down on a piece of paper in the picture...otherwise he can get a picture off the net.....

Well he finally sent me a few pictures. I honestly have NO idea how he managed to break the capacitor off of the card (because of the placement and how I packed the item...it's just not something that could have happened). I have the feeling he snapped it off himself installing it or pulled it off to take the pictures. I'm sure it's the same card based on how the waterblock is installed.

He wasn't able to send me any meaningful error messages for it either, just a Vantage "fullscreen state lost" error which could be anything including him simply hitting escape during a run.

I offered to start a return but that he would have to pay return shipping with insurance for me to accept the return per Ebay rules. We'll see where it goes from here. :-/