Bios unlock

Elmors

Hi!

I have a problem which needs to be solved, but i can't find information about it anywhere..

I have an old Intel D975 bxb motherboard which supports core 2 duo processors...

I have heard that these motherboards have locked BIOS and you can unlock them by short circuiting jumpers (and yes I have tried it unfortunately) or by installing extreme processor, which i have bought today..

But none of these methods work... I have the latest bios, but it won't unlock even with the x6800 processor..

Can someone please help me with my problem, I would be very grateful if someone could even give me a hint what to do.

Thank you!

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, it's not my foreign language.. :D

Yes, i meet them!!!

And the x6800 processor is working fine, the only feature which is not working is the unlocked bios, so I cant overclock my cpu, these ''advanced'' settings are hidden and i cant change anything..

Did the motherboard come from a prebuilt computer aka Dell, HP ect,,, It kinda sounds like the bios are shadowed and I have only seen that on the prebuilt computers.

Sorry for the late replay, but no, the motherboard was bought seperately a long time ago (when it came out :D

You'll spring for an extreme processor but won't just get a nice p45 or x48 board?

I know that for better performance i need to buy a better motherboard, but i have money problems now, so i have to find a cheaper solution, because if i buy a new motherboard i will need to buy new RAM (because on this mb it is DDR2 not DDR3) and good processor) 

So i decided to overclock an extreme processor for better performance ;)

You'll spring for an extreme processor but won't just get a nice p45 or x48 board?

I know that for better performance i need to buy a better motherboard, but i have money problems now, so i have to find a cheaper solution, because if i buy a new motherboard i will need to buy new RAM (because on this mb it is DDR2 not DDR3) and good processor) 

Yeah but that's what I'm saying...I'd imagine one of the motherboards I mentioned would be atLEAST half the price of the extreme processor...those are never ever worth it to anyone on a budget

Yeah but that's what I'm saying...I'd imagine one of the motherboards I mentioned would be atLEAST half the price of the extreme processor...those are never ever worth it to anyone on a budget

Nop, I bought it on ebay for 50 eur ;) so it's cheaper..