Socket 1155/2011 Oc Competition Thread

Speedway

• 1 year later...

I am curious. Why are there no Prime95 results?

When I built my current machine a few years ago I did a 24hour burn-in at 4.7GHz, on the 3930K. Would this have been worth posting? I am about to do an upgrade so maybe in a month or so I will have something better :)

Edited by ghostcorps

Uhm, you guys dug up a 2-year dead thread. Grats.

Thanks for your input, very helpful  :)

Although you may need to clarify a bit further, I am unsure how someone 'digs up' a thread when it is pinned at the top of the board already.

LGA2011 is still relevant to my knowledge, so why not?

No it was a tad over a year.

But anyway, prime 95 is not a benchmark so it is not used.

Thanks, 

If it was not used why have a section for it in the OP?

The Prime95 24 hour mark was to show that your OC was 24 hour stable. It's not a benchmark as much as it is a proof that your rig is actually stable at whatever frequency you're running.

The Prime95 24 hour mark was to show that your OC was 24 hour stable. It's not a benchmark as much as it is a proof that your rig is actually stable at whatever frequency you're running.

Thanks Lab Rat, that was my first thought but I figured it could be a competition to see who could run the highest stable speed. 

Thanks Lab Rat, that was my first thought but I figured it could be a competition to see who could run the highest stable speed. 

Pretty much! Not many people take the time to verify that level of stability.