Corsair H100i Leak Experience

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, Sorry for the lack of update.  There's hasn't been much going on as seems to be Corsair's norm.  I shipped the parts (they sent me a UPS Ground label) May 7th and they arrived @ Corsair May 13th 9:13 am. So far not a word from them about it.  

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, time for an update.  

I received a message Friday before last from the Corsair claim rep:

Our Engineering Team already tested all the parts and based on the results, our cooling unit caused the damage to your system.
As compensation, we will go ahead and replace your CW-9060009-WW with a brand new one.

For one of the Graphics Cards , we will reimburse you for $360.

The other Graphics Card was tested fine without any issues/errrors. We will be returning this unit back to you.

All refunds will be issued in a form of check (Refund Check). Please confirm if you agree with the compensation mentioned above.
Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for choosing Corsair and have a great day!

Sounds good except for one part, earlier on it was suggested to me to send both cards in due to any warranty the card had being void due to the water damage as far as EVGA would be concerned.  

I sent a follow up email asking about the card being returned and obviously that if that card fails my warranty is void from the liquid that did contact it.

The reply I got back wasn't what I expected:

We just checked the other Graphics Card and there

Hardly seems like Corsair "really held up their end" to me.

Problem started 22 April it's now 3 June.. 6 weeks and counting.  Almost 5 weeks to get test results.  Only getting proper response after getting a rep involved.  

Good resolution timing is 2-3 weeks maximum with minimal effort from customer with a replacement cooler shipped as soon as problem was reported, not 6 weeks involving much correspondence. 

As soon as cooler was found defective (a week ago Friday) a replacement should have been immediately shipped.

Same applies to GPU that has no damage.

Part of the problem is that you have the real problems that are due to a manufacturers defect and then the ones that people try and slide by when it is truly not a warranty issue. They have to wade through a ton of BS claims while working the real ones. I consider anything less than a month fast. My last RMA took right at a month and was a simple GPU failure. The GPU was iffy right out of the box and finally took a dive while testing one night. 

Glad to hear they are taking ownership of the problem. 

I don't know if I should laugh or be mad at this point, but I got around to installing the H100i (and slapped the GTX 770 in as a second card to test it out at some point).  And once I had it one the CPU and mounted I noticed this:

zk25bq.jpg

I didn't even give the cooler a second glance as it was a New in Box and not a refurb they sent back.  Notice how the SAME rubber "boot" or whatever you want to call it that failed on the last one is stretched on this one (I assume from the packing process as it's twisted up a bit tight in the box)  :pfp:

I DID however take some time to inspect the GTX 770 and wasn't too thrilled with what I saw

rtje3s.jpg

Green: Smudging on the ink appears to have gotten wet. Based on my pics though I don't think it was like that before I sent it off, but could just be smudging of the ink from rubbing it for whatever reason.

Red: Normal white sticker (like the large sticker to the right showing the BIOS version)

Blue: Sticker that has clearly gotten wet at some point dissolving some of the glue.

Not what I would call "No signs of water damage" but as long as they honor it if it's ever an issue we'll be fine.  Haven't decided what to do about the cooler though because I don't want another month of running an extra crappy cooler that can't keep under 60C @ stock speeds.

Factoring in that I haven't gotten a response yet  from my inquiry about my denied PSU rebate yet either (sent middle of last month) Corsair is NOT on my list of "best company to work with"  I'll commend them for taking care of the defective GPU, but based on my past experiences with EVGA/Crucial/Mushkin/etc I'm not so sure I want myself or my customers fighting with Corsair when even ASUS makes RMAs easier (and their RMA process was a PITA several years back when I had a motherboard die BUT they were quick about turn around time with messages @ <24hrs and had a replacement shipped in a day or two)

EDIT: I want to end this one on a happier note, here let's all laugh at how small the 290X makes the GTX 770 look 

jq565c.jpg

Edited by cchalogamer

• 3 weeks later...

Another update, it's been over the two weeks time line for getting the check for the bad GTX 770, I haven't had ANY communication from Corsair about it so who knows what's going on.  Though my opinion of them as a company is of one incompetence and have ZERO plans of ever buying another thing from them.  Considering when I looked back at my newegg and Amazon history from this year I have purchased 16 items with their brand name on it predating the leak, I'm going to be making some other companies very happy.

They could have left you high and dry - telling you tough nuts. Sounds like they are trying to make it right, I've never heard of a company refunding water damaged parts. Just because some water got on a part doesn't mean it is instantly trash either. I've had a friend spill his beer all over a tower while it was on - coating the motherboard, cpu, and memory. He said if I could fix the parts they were mine. Guess who got a free CPU/motherboard/memory :woot:. He cut the power as soon as he did this all, and after a LOT of cleaning it was good to go.

Keep plugging away at them, otherwise you might not see anything.

Also you could easily push that rubber boot in a little bit, it looks like it just slid back some.

Another update, it's been over the two weeks time line for getting the check for the bad GTX 770, I haven't had ANY communication from Corsair about it so who knows what's going on.  Though my opinion of them as a company is of one incompetence and have ZERO plans of ever buying another thing from them.  Considering when I looked back at my newegg and Amazon history from this year I have purchased 16 items with their brand name on it predating the leak, I'm going to be making some other companies very happy.

I agree with you mate.  We have to waterboard them before they do what they should do without any effort on our part.  This the same kind of treatment I've seen them do over and over and is also why I no longer buy from Corsair. 

They could have left you high and dry - telling you tough nuts. Sounds like they are trying to make it right, I've never heard of a company refunding water damaged parts. Just because some water got on a part doesn't mean it is instantly trash either. I've had a friend spill his beer all over a tower while it was on - coating the motherboard, cpu, and memory. He said if I could fix the parts they were mine. Guess who got a free CPU/motherboard/memory :woot:. He cut the power as soon as he did this all, and after a LOT of cleaning it was good to go.

Keep plugging away at them, otherwise you might not see anything.

Also you could easily push that rubber boot in a little bit, it looks like it just slid back some.

They would have left cchalogamer high and dry long ago if he had not kept pushing them.. and still needs to.  Sadly  Corsair only supports customers who force them to.  :rtfm: