type
aptitude show ia32-libs

in a terminal and post the output here.

paulktreg@paulktreg-desktop:~$ aptitude show ia32-libs

E: Unable to locate package ia32-libs

paulktreg@paulktreg-desktop:~$

Cheers

Paul

Try going to System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager.

Do a search for ia32. If it doesn't come up then your source list is probably incomplete. Let me know if this doesn't work and I'll try to figure it out.

Try going to System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager.

Do a search for ia32. If it doesn't come up then your source list is probably incomplete. Let me know if this doesn't work and I'll try to figure it out.

Not there!

Cheers (..and thanks for helping a Linux Noob!)

Paul

Breaking News! My VM's stopped working. Both of them give the error:

Unable to connect to the MKS: Cannot connect to host jeff-pc: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Both of them started doing this at the same time. It occurred when I updated to the new ATI 9.2 drivers. When I restarted my computer my VM's both gave me that error. I'm not sure if maybe I deleted something or what. Any ideas?

EDIT: Oh one more thing I did that I'm not sure has anything to do with anything. I installed a few updates for Ubuntu 8.04 as well just before restarting my PC. Again I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it. I really don't know anything about what I'm doing with this stuff :D

UPDATE: Nevermind, they both started up fine this morning. That's really weird... :unsure:

Edited by malmsteenisgod

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I've updated the first post to obtain the new core. When I have some more time I will try to add details on how to fold with all cores in one instance instead of two. If you would like to do that, a Google search should clear it up.

As always feel free to post here or PM me with questions.

The above post also works quite well, and will allow for more than 2 cores.

this isn't working. the vmware server doesn't look like yours and there's no way i can see to create a new virtual machine....what i have loaded doesnt have those options, no configuration pages...at least not like shown in post 1. this is a stopper, i'm blocked...damnit i wanted to get this too...

this isn't working. the vmware server doesn't look like yours and there's no way i can see to create a new virtual machine....what i have loaded doesnt have those options, no configuration pages...at least not like shown in post 1. this is a stopper, i'm blocked...damnit i wanted to get this too...

Try going up one level in your directory structure. There was a mention by someone on Page 3 about a webpage icon (serverui). Try that out. Also, mine may look slightly different, as I was using VMWare Workstation instead of Server.