Which pony car is your favorite?

NikoDG

Yeah, the Charger is a real beauty, one problem with it though, aside from the transmission, is that it's insanely cramped under the hood, installing a turbo on it is supposed to be nearly impossible. Though I did find this STS Remote Turbo for it, that actually hooks into the exhaust behind the muffler. So as you can imagine it's very loud, kinda reminds me of the dual turbos on the Peterbuilt I drive at work, so I'm actually not to bothered by it, but a lot of people are. So your two main options if you want to boost the air intake is a remote turbo or a supercharger.

If I did get the R/T after the warranty ran out I'd probably get a Arrington custom long block installed, then dual remote turbos, a performance exhaust system, and a much heavier duty transmission. Give me a fun little project and take my R/T AWD above the SRT8 in terms of power. Something about modifying a 5.7L engine to a 6.7L engine, then adding a 12LB boosted air intake just gets me all hot and bothered :teehee:

Either that or I could go with a single supercharger, save me a little money, save a lot of people's hearing, and make installation quite a bit easier. It all depends if I really want to make my Charger that much more of a pig, though at that point I doubt I'll care. Hopefully it will still have better fuel economy than a Ram 3500 :lol:

PS: I contacted my local Dodge dealer, and I was right, there is no 8-speed option on the 5.7L Charger. But they were very polite and said they'd contact me if they heard anything about the 2013 model year, so fingers crossed :)

Must be a no option in Canada then, Like a said its 100% fact they do it in the US, My friends dad literally has the Charger R/T AWD w/ 8-speed dual clutch tranny. Oh well, its supposed to be standard on the v8 next year. The only reason they did it standard on the v6 this year and not the v8 as well was because of production and availability, They had to open another factory to reach the production requirements of their new 8-speed, and that factory is not quite finished yet. But it's supposed to be 100% operational this summer. Then they will have al lthe 8-speeds they need for the Entire Chrylser/Fiat fleet. Not just the v6 Chargers and 300's, with 8-speed special orders on the side.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm guessing it's only available in the US because of the low availability of the transmissions period. After all most of the factories are located in the US and most cars are shipped up here, hopefully once the factory is up and running fully and availability increases it will be available in Canada.