Unique Chieftec Case Design Tested

Nemo

Wow, I was really thinking "what the f?" until I saw the VESA mount and then it started making sense...

Looks ace :)

Could put the whole thing on a backpack harness and take it to LANs lol

However when there was some stress put on the components and the heat was able to build up inside of the case, this is where the temperatures were rising compared to the Armor case.

Wait, what? The data completely disagrees with that statement. The Chieftec case only lost one benchmark, and it was an IDLE test!

Wait, what? The data completely disagrees with that statement. The Chieftec case only lost one benchmark, and it was an IDLE test!

I get what he was trying to say I think he just worded it wrong.

few questions

1. can the lcd go little lower than as shown in the pic.. i know its height adjustable.. was wondering if the lcd could be mounted at a height that it'd nearly touch the upper part of the horizontal case.

2. what 's size of the lcd used/

3. can we get more shots of the case with LCD mounted from different angles..

@ tkrow21, yes I did word it incorrectly, sorry.

@gtx, 1) no the LCD cannot go any lower than it is in the picture, it was on the lowest setting.

2) the monitor size that I used was a 22" monitor

3) I will get everything put back together and thow a few extra shots up here for you give me a few minutes

I guess I don't really understand the "L" shape.

I'm merely assuming its for balance but with a stout set of case feet you could go with a normal style form factor and just place the Vesa mount on the sidepanel with the same stability.

I guess its neat and all but its rather obscure.

Then again thats what makes the difference between your average computer and something you can show off.

:)

not only is it for support, but the bottom flat part of the "L" is where the optical drive and PSU are mounted, in a sense putting them in their own little compartment, which is probably what helped with the temperatures, at least the PSU's heat wasn't necessarily right by the CPU and GPU

Mojo, now that you mention that PSU compartment in the bottom, I have to ask whether the case itself is 'shorter' than a regular ATX case? Is it taller or shorter than the CM Storm Sniper you have? <-- Curiosity took over!