ASUS GeForce GT240 Videocard Tested

Nemo

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guy

Nice review. Very useful.

I have a question. It says on the review, you should have a PCIe 2.0 standard slot in order for it to function properly.

Will this card work on a PCIe 1.0 slot?

Will GeForce 9800 GT works on PCIe 1.0? (trying to get the new 3D setup)

I have an old HP set desktop (bought in Jan 2007) which as a "PCIe x16." I tried to find my own answer and found that it should be a PCIe 1.0 or 1.1. If I got the machine after 2008, then there is a chance to have a PCIe 2.0.

However, Some people say that PCIe 2.0 card will work on 1.0 slot. I just want to confirm.

If not, I should upgrade my computer then...

Thanks you~

Fansons

Good job on the reviews....

I personally like the GT-240 line so far...not sure (because I havent looked) what the difference is between this and a GTS-240?

I put on in the wifes rig that replaced a 7600gt that replaced a 6800gt that replaced a GTS-250 that died...

so far not one issue and the whole PC runs cooler just as I intended and the sound levels are much less than before...

these cards run cool and quiet and thats a big plus with me...she leaves her PC on 24/7 and it's on a desk right next to the bed....so if its that quiet...its good to me...

she leaves her PC on 24/7 and it's on a desk right next to the bed....so if its that quiet...its good to me...

Strange place to have the PC! Is this a new form of contraception you are trying? :lol:;)

Cheers

Paul