Mid-Tower Suggestions for LAN Set-Up?

Based on the heatsink requirement and portability, the Prodigy is probably the best choice. The handles make it easy to carry around, will be smaller than a C70 and has a wide array of cooling options. I would get a Z77 ITX board and go to town. If you are gonna push the overclock get the EVGA or Asus board. If you want to keep the cost down but will only get a mild overclock, I would do the Gigabyte board, lowest cost of the Z77 ITX boards I have seen.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Though the Cosmos II does have "handles" on the top it is definitely too big to take anywhere, lol. I can't even fit it in my trunk without folding down the rear seats!

As for the Prodigy, it looks like a great case, but I'm not so sure I could get an ITX motherboard that will suit all my needs.

The C70 looks good, it even has handles, but it seems a little pricey for a mid tower. Yes, I know how ironic it is, the guy with the 3930K griping about price. It's funny how moving out makes your take on the value of a dollar change  :lol:

The HAF XB definitely looks like a good contender coming in at $100 CAD, though a little gawdy for my taste. I know another shocker! Does anyone here own one of these? Can they vouch for it?

I also saw Fractal Design came out with a new case, the Arc Midi R2, for $100 CAD. It's basically the same as the first one with a few minor changes like a window. It's about the same size as the C70, just no handles, shouldn't be too hard to cart around (I'm no twig man after all). Does anyone have an Arc Midi R1 or R2? If so would you suggest it?

I just read the thread topic -- LAN party case and immediately thought CM HAF XB. lol

I did a review of this case: LINK and loved it. Most people around here can tell you I don't hand out Gold awards very often and I actually did for this case. It's a hell of a case - very different and great to build in. 

It is a strange shape for a case -- but if you can get used to it, it's well worth it.

I still have it around -- holding an extra rig right now. But if I wasn't benching -- I'd be using it.