1. 1. Which one should I buy?

• Crosshair V Formula 990FX
    • Sabertooth 990FX
    • Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't an easy choice for me. The CHV looks pretty cool but the difference in price is a bit too much for extras that wouldn't use probably.

In the ram, I am still devided between the G.Skill Sniper SR 1600 CL9 (the one that works on 1.5 v) and the Corsair Vengeance 1600 CL9. In terms of speed, it should be almost the same, the price is the same here, but the sniper is low profile, so it won't hit my cooler and isn't in the QVL. The corsair vengeance is in the QVL, but I am not sure if it won't hit my cooler. :P

I will probably buy the Sniper, and see if it does work. If it doesn't work, I return it and bring the vengeance. :P

Buy vengeance low profile RAM modules (2x 4GB).

Is it good for overclock? I was looking for ram that I could later do some overclock and it is not very expensive now. :P

Edited by XtremeDS

I found today that I may pull up my PC cooler, so I am problably going for the Corsair Vengeance, since tall Ram is not a problem anymore and it is in the QVL. :biggrin:

I read here in OCC that the corsair vengeance series received a award, so I am expecting for them to be good. :P

• 1 month later...

This board helped me alot guys nice to see i wasn't alone with this dilemma :D

I'm going to build a new system from some scraps, so was thinking of the Crosshair or the Sabertooth and couldn't decide.

But since the Crosshair V is double the price of the Sabertooth in Denmark and taking what you guys have said here, the choice now is easy.

(Just joined this forum so I could tell you guys my appreciation) :thumbsup:

The Sabertooth overclocks as well as the Crosshair FYI. They both use Digi + VRM so why pay for all the bells and whistles that give 0 performance gain. +1 on the Saber.