new kansas gun law, a good one!

Even when you pass an "Open Carry" law, not everyone will walk around with a gun on their hip.

Stats have shown that when people can openly carry, person-on-person crime reduces.

Look at all of the cities that have strict gun laws.- crime abounds.

No, I am not a gun nut but I do believe that the writers of the Constitution wrote the 2nd amendment for a reason.

Armed citizens prevent a tyranical government from getting control of the populace.

Happy 4th.

I'm all for the law, but i will never as a private individual open carry in public, unless there are extremely extenuating circumstances. I feel that in doing so I would identify myself as a primary target in an active shooter situation, or make myself a target for anti-gun activists. I would rather no-one knows I am armed, so that I can remain in the background until the situation necessitates my action, this leaves me with a psychological and tactical advantage. Psychological in that the shooter will be left to wonder if his victim is armed, and may be surprised and or thrown off when i reveal my weapon. Tactical in that he won't know and that I may have more of a chance to pick when to engage, rather than let him catch me off balance when he notices I am open carrying.

Just my 2cents.

I'm all for the law, but i will never as a private individual open carry in public, unless there are extremely extenuating circumstances. I feel that in doing so I would identify myself as a primary target in an active shooter situation, or make myself a target for anti-gun activists. I would rather no-one knows I am armed, so that I can remain in the background until the situation necessitates my action, this leaves me with a psychological and tactical advantage. Psychological in that the shooter will be left to wonder if his victim is armed, and may be surprised and or thrown off when i reveal my weapon. Tactical in that he won't know and that I may have more of a chance to pick when to engage, rather than let him catch me off balance when he notices I am open carrying.

Just my 2cents.

+1, CC seems more attractive to me as well

Here in Va open carry is legal. Thankfully, even though CC is the best option and the one I employ.  

The best way to combat new laws is not to demonstrate en mass open carrying an AR 15 but to do your civic duty and vote out the scum who want to limit your right to keep and bear. 

Look at Chicago, a city where its illegal to own a firearm. They have 20 to 30 shootings every weekend..... Coincidence? I think not. 

You do not need new gun control laws just enforcement of the ones already on the books. Its really simple. 

Its interesting that all the highly publicized killings in Europe are with knives......Lets ban those now.........  On the front page of MSN today, Mom kills teacher in front of the class with a knife in France.  

Here in Oklahoma the only way to open carry is to have your conceal carry permit. The satae has also allowed businesses to make the carry option thier own. Some of the places I buy from at work do have the "No Open Carry" signs up, but when I asked my sales man about conceal carry he said they didn't care. I looked at him and said good as mine is in my pocket and I don't have my permit yet.

Here in Oklahoma the only way to open carry is to have your conceal carry permit. The satae has also allowed businesses to make the carry option thier own. Some of the places I buy from at work do have the "No Open Carry" signs up, but when I asked my sales man about conceal carry he said they didn't care. I looked at him and said good as mine is in my pocket and I don't have my permit yet.

Oops! 

Here in Va open carry is legal. Thankfully, even though CC is the best option and the one I employ.  

The best way to combat new laws is not to demonstrate en mass open carrying an AR 15 but to do your civic duty and vote out the scum who want to limit your right to keep and bear. 

Look at Chicago, a city where its illegal to own a firearm. They have 20 to 30 shootings every weekend..... Coincidence? I think not. 

You do not need new gun control laws just enforcement of the ones already on the books. Its really simple. 

Its interesting that all the highly publicized killings in Europe are with knives......Lets ban those now.........  On the front page of MSN today, Mom kills teacher in front of the class with a knife in France.  

I just read where Illinois was the Last state to jump on board with CCPs now being legal. you can legally own a firearm in chicago with a permit.....

I just read where Illinois was the Last state to jump on board with CCPs now being legal. you can legally own a firearm in chicago with a permit.....

I don't think any of those participating in the weekend shootings are getting permits..........