GTX 680M or Radeon 7970M

Ballr28

I wouldn't worry about it. The 3610QM won't be much different performance wise. At least nothing you could tell without some worthless synthetic benchmark result and even then I bet it would be an insignificant amount. The only reason I really upgraded the cpu was that the 3720QM has VT-d (even though i'll probably never use it) and it has a partially unlocked multiplier. So basically just because I could and I had the money to burn. If it's between the 3610 and a 680m or a 3720 and a 7970m i'd choose the 680m option everytime if your main use is gaming.

What other options are you configuring? There are some I wouldn't suggest if they offer the same options as other Clevo/Sager resellers. Like the IC Diamond...it's a ripoff for the price they charge and they apply it just is crappily as the stock TIM. It's cheaper just to do it yourself and simple to do. I didn't even need to replace the stock TIM since my temps were fine. But as I was swapping out the 7970m for the 680m I figured I may as well redo the cpu as well as the gpu with my own TIM. Which happened to be Shin Etsu G751 I had laying around.

What other options are you configuring? There are some I wouldn't suggest if they offer the same options as other Clevo/Sager resellers. Like the IC Diamond...it's a ripoff for the price they charge and they apply it just is crappily as the stock TIM. It's cheaper just to do it yourself and simple to do. I didn't even need to replace the stock TIM since my temps were fine. But as I was swapping out the 7970m for the 680m I figured I may as well redo the cpu as well as the gpu with my own TIM. Which happened to be Shin Etsu G751 I had laying around.

Can't configure anything else on the GTX 680 model due to a sale and the fact that it is pre-setup laptop, but even if i were able to choose that option i wouldn't have done it. On the Radeon 7970 model though i can change pretty much everything, but yeah, doesn't really matter now anyways!

Have decided to go for the GTX 680 one, and maybe one day i might change CPU if im in need of it.

I'd like to see you haul a desktop and a monitor to afghanistan :mfp:

:P

I'd have money to hire somebody else carry it for me with my savings :teehee:

Or to class for that matter. :evilgrin:

or for the battery to make it through class (gaming)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Haha, i see your points, but the reason i am getting this is clearly because i am not in a position to get a desktop atm, and i wont be in the near future either... Otherwise i would be all over the internet looking for parts ;(

I kn

Haha, i see your points, but the reason i am getting this is clearly because i am not in a position to get a desktop atm, and i wont be in the near future either... Otherwise i would be all over the internet looking for parts ;(

Atleast it's making more sense with modern technology, but they're just so expensive and you usually sacrifice efficiency, comfort and portability the more "gaming oriented" the laptop is. Basically they aren't laptops to me anymore, just try using one on your lap while gaming :lol:

My 9 cell battery does fairly well.

Dat weight and charge time

Edited by IVIYTH0S