Any owners of HP Z420 here? (Xeon E5-1650, 8GB)

Hi, I don't think you will have much luck finding owners of a pre-built PC here, From the looks of it, that PC should be able to handle some serious loads, but you could build a better PC for less on your own. :D

well the Xeon with ECC memory is what you need for none stop workloads. But you won't find anyone here with a pre-built system. if you interested in builiding something yourself you can save a ton of money and get what you want.

edit: I ended up going the none ECC route because I wasn't going to render anything for more than a day at a time, nothing mission cricital either. It seems you need the computer running without much downtime, so a true workstation / server is what you need. your going in the right direction.

Edited by hornybluecow

thanks))) it is interesting to note that Lenovo ThinkStation S30 0569 features the same porcessor but is almost 1000$ more expensive at a hefty      $2,924.00 (http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-056961U-ThinkStation-S30-0569/dp/B009CZUV12/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1355326313&sr=8-2&keywords=Lenovo+ThinkStation+S30+0569)...I wonder why such a large price differential?)
thanks)

Edited by daverty