PSU Upgrade? Sidegrade?

Hyper, That's the one reason why I want to change my PSU to either P760 or X760. I want the fully modular PSU for me to sleeve it not voiding the warranty. Should I go for P760 or X760 is enough? Thanks mate!

Real world, unless you are folding 24/7 or the equivalent, there is very little difference between Gold and Platinum rating.

And the ratings reflect cold testing, at three % levels, which may not match actual usage patterns.

Sometimes (Seasonic is one) manufacturers feel they are at the platinum level but can not guaranty every unit will pass at high temperature and label it gold. Some build units that pass (barely) cold (the standard), and call them Platinum.

jonnyguru reviews will explain this.

Also a Gold can be more efficient at your actual use level than a Platinum.

Actual energy savings are minor, even when there is a Platinum advantage. Usually less than 5% (often closer to 2-3%) at idle (where most peoples computers spend the most time, and 300watts+/- 100watts, which is high use for most systems.

Edited by ohldboy

Thanks guy for the reply but the thing is, I already sold my M12II. by the way, one of the shop here offered me X-850 for 7-year warranty. Same price to P760.

Thanks!

In this case, I don't have any choice to upgrade. Seasonic X-850 with 7-year warranty or Seasonic P-760 also comes with it's normal 7-year warranty both brandnew.

Thanks!

Edit: By the way, someone sells his X-1050 cheaper than X-850/P-760 because it's already used less than a year. Does buying used psu fine? Or should I get the bnew.

Price difference (converted to US from PH):

Bnew P760 = 175USD

Bnew X850 = 182USD

Used X1050 = 161USD

Thanks!

Edited by zyxer