Time for a new phone?

BluePanda

I have the LG G2 and the battery life alone is killer. The screen is great. I rarely use the back buttons at all. I could not be happier with it.   

GSAM says I can do 16 hours per charge. I'm a very heavy user. I stream a lot of music, I spend my day on Reddit, I read a lot, and I text all day long. To put it in perspective, my Samsung Galaxy S2 with a brand new battery would to 6-7 hours per charge. Don't forget the camera, it's amazing! Also, since she's gonna put a custom ROM on it, she can use the G Pro 2 ROM and make that camera even more awesome with 120 fps 720p, 60 fps 1080p, and 4K video. 

I get about two days on my phones (Moto X, the Galaxy Nexus before that, and the Droid Incredible before that) because I don't push my battery that hard. Mobile network is turned off (Wi-Fi for data), no real game usage, and don't Internet browse that much. My parents actually put their phones (also Moto Xs by the way) through more than I do.

What kind of user are you Amanda? Much gaming, streaming, long-play videos?

I have the LG G2 and the battery life alone is killer. The screen is great. I rarely use the back buttons at all. I could not be happier with it.   

GSAM says I can do 16 hours per charge. I'm a very heavy user. I stream a lot of music, I spend my day on Reddit, I read a lot, and I text all day long. To put it in perspective, my Samsung Galaxy S2 with a brand new battery would to 6-7 hours per charge. Don't forget the camera, it's amazing! Also, since she's gonna put a custom ROM on it, she can use the G Pro 2 ROM and make that camera even more awesome with 120 fps 720p, 60 fps 1080p, and 4K video. 

I don't have near the time you do to surf all day LOL!  I can get a sold 2 days out of it with my usage scenario. Bluetooth, GPS and wifi on for the full 48 hours.

I don't have near the time you do to surf all day LOL! I can get a sold 2 days out of it with my usage scenario. Bluetooth, GPS and wifi on for the full 48 hours.

I have a boring job and boring classes. :lol:

Mine is LTE, GPS, and wifi the whole time.

Well I'm a very oddly mixed user BUT, when I do use, I need reliability.

Half the time I am at work -- so I can't even have my phone, so it stays at home all day by it's lonesome. 

The other half of the time I'm driving to ABQ (2 hours from here) for classes. I like Pandora on the drive so I can get some new music -- plus you can imagine the stations in New Mexico, just saying. I can plug my phone in in the car so battery there isn't so important. However, the wifi on campus is well, shit. So I depend on whatever 3G/4G I can pick up. When I can't connect on my laptop for things I use my phone instead. I also rely heavly on it to communicate with Waco during the day -- and especially at the end of the day (so he knows when to expect me home and I'm not dead on the side of the road somewhere). haha

I'm not big on gaming on my phone, so I don't really care there.

Email, texting, surfing, OCCing, and calendaring are important to me. This is why I was a little tempted on the windows phone. I have windows 8 on my tablet/laptop dealio and update that calendar with my HW assignments, work stuff, and whatever else. It's easily accessible from a browser so I use it everywhere. To be able to get updates from it on my phone would be awesome -- though I'm sure I could just fwd it to my google cal. 

Anyway...long wind there. Basically I rely on my phone to keep me entertained and connected. So yes, battery life is valuable but I'm okay with charging it every day -- I'm already used to that.

Anyway...long wind there. Basically I rely on my phone to keep me entertained and connected. So yes, battery life is valuable but I'm okay with charging it every day -- I'm already used to that.

Based on that my guess would be that it really doesn't matter what phone you get because they should all give you enough battery life. I doubt that's enough usage to have less than a day on a modern phone, especially if you charge in the car while listening to Pandora.

Based on that my guess would be that it really doesn't matter what phone you get because they should all give you enough battery life. I doubt that's enough usage to have less than a day on a modern phone, especially if you charge in the car while listening to Pandora.

That's what I was thinking...so battery life isn't on the top of my list of NEEDS. 

I want a fast phone that can keep up with me! haha. I hate waiting for my email to load and my laggy keyboard.  I'm still convinced they make it so you have to upgrade ever so often...